VIDEO...Catter Fans Fight To Keep Their Team

Guest abovetherim

My Gosh, if the fan's want the Wildcatters to stay in Jefferson County start attending the games. Lord, based on the video there could not of been more than a few hundred at the game. That will not keep any pro team here. Feel for you guys like I did when Lamar dropped their football program.

Sucks when the team you cheer for won't have a next season.

there were good crowds friday and especially Saturday, Sunday, well they've never drawn well on Sundays.  Sorry ABR but to say it looks like there arent more than a "few hundred" is no different than myself seeing LU highlights where the MC is much more tightly put together than FP is, plus something you may or may not have considered...unlike basketball you cannot shoot highlights at game level like you can for basketball, and you cant shoot behind the goals because of the netting there to prevent some pucks from going into the stands so camera crews are somewhat forced to shoot from the corners down to the ice (not exactly prime seating), if LU basketball highlights were shot from that same vantage point on the corner from baseline to endline and up on the concourse looking down how full would LU look too?  The MC is basically a square, where as FP is oblong for lack of a better word thus enabling more fans to sit on the glass which spreads the crowd out.

Guest abovetherim

Great to hear they are still getting good crowds. If that is the case they need to work out some type of agreement. If the Wildcatters produce a profit do to having good crowds and the best record in the league there should not be a reason why they can't come to an agreement. What the judge and CC just don't like hockey? I have a hard time buying that. Regardless, they need the revenue at FP and they Wildcatters are a major tenant.

Something doesn't add up here.

correct the judge and the CC do NOT like hockey, Walker was one of those dead set on NOT having FP to begin with.  They dont think in terms of its built and you cant return it.  They look at it losing 1 million a year, why, because what other events do they have out there?  They blame FP losing money on the Catters.  What has SMG scheduled out there besides the catters and drillers.  Answer...NOTHING.  They were supposed to have a tennis match out there months ago with Sampras and Kournikova, guess what no one bought tickets.  Tracy byrd, Mark Chesnutt, Zona Jones concert coming up next month has ALWAYS been at FP....not this year...its on Crockett St. why???  Because SMG and FP wanted $42,000 for the Exhibit Hall for the show.  Isnt that what the amphi-theater is for???? Walker and that special ed class known as commissioners court, think by basically closing down FP, and only opening it for the YMBL Rodeo and the South Texas State Fair, they will only lose 250k a year.  Walker's ego wont let this go, he wants to prove he's right that FP was a waste and he if has to kick the area's only pro team out to do so he will, then turn around and whine about how much it cost, how much its in debt, when the company they hired to run it, SMG, couldnt organize a kindergarten kickball game.  The Catters not only secured another hockey franchise in the CHL but also had set up a MISL franchise for here as well, as many kids here play youth soccer, having a pro indoor soccer team in the arena as well would have been a great move.  But Walker has one objective ... to shut down FP at any and all costs.

I do not live in Jefferson county, but those are the exact sentiments I have felt Walker displays.  Griffith made a mistake about how it got done, but I think you guys down there lost a very respected individual who represented you well in all other aspects as judge.  Hopefully Walker can still get treatment for his rectal-cranial inversion before it is too late.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder