HF girls

Guest Ricthepic

Guest Texican

Fisherking, I am glad that our new AD shows up at softball practice.  That does not however erase the fact that our overall athletic program went way down this year. The only team that advanced to the playoffs this year was volleyball. Our spring sports suffered thru a tough year.  Hopefully our smaller district next year will help. I would like to know why we put in a soccer program and failed to have our track repaired ?  Why do we get rid of a girls basketball coach who had the only winning record besides volleyball ?  I also don't agree with your comment about our former A.D..  He personally coached two of my kids and I wish he was still here.  To imply that he did not care about girls sports is ridiculous.  He was always at either the boys or girls games. He also coached track, drove buses, and did alot of other things I have not seen our new A.D. do.  What a joke.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisherking, I am glad that our new AD shows up at softball practice.  That does not however erase the fact that our overall athletic program went way down this year. The only team that advanced to the playoffs this year was volleyball. Our spring sports suffered thru a tough year.  Hopefully our smaller district next year will help. I would like to know why we put in a soccer program and failed to have our track repaired ?  Why do we get rid of a girls basketball coach who had the only winning record besides volleyball ?  I also don't agree with your comment about our former A.D..  He personally coached two of my kids and I wish he was still here.  To imply that he did not care about girls sports is ridiculous.  He was always at either the boys or girls games. He also coached track, drove buses, and did alot of other things I have not seen our new A.D. do.  What a joke.

Angel, I guess I should apologize for giving you the impression that I was being negative to your relative, the former A.D. And I mean that but I definitely meant no disrespect to him or you. But will you please tell me who made the playoffs last year that hasn't made it this year? In fact, if you include softball as in playoffs since they did get one more game than last year, by playing a play in game versus Silsbee this year, I know of no other team last year that made it? Please tell me if I'm wrong? I believe football won 2 more games than last year overall, girls track won district last year as they did this year, and so on and so on! As far as soccer, I believe that was added during the lame duck period last Spring when we had no AD. The track was at least an effort to be fixed. I believe a softball field has been approved and will be done before next season, I belive a tennis court has been resurfaced. Shall i go on??? So your not a leader unless you drive a bus or coach track?? Please help me understand.

My goal was to defend the actions of this staff and these coaches, and I stand behind my words and intentions. No negativity against Coach Walker at all or your family.

Please define "overall athletic program went way down this year."

HF (8th Grade)Girls Have Won district the past three years!  You know it's bad when you can't make the playoffs with this kind of talent.  I know the freshman coach this year knew not one thing about basketball and didn't really even want to be coaching. He constantly made comments behind the head coaches back and left a sour taste in the freshmans mouth with nothing to look forward to in the future.   Ask any of the coaches out there and they will tell you Freshman Athletics mean nothing!!  Instead of having a program to better your varsity all that was done was build resentment and put down the freshman and most of the JV team.  Each year in every sport there is a "Chosen One" These kids are put up on a pedestal and can do no wrong.  Instead of building great athletes they turn into cocky monsters that end up tearing the teams apart.  Our JV Coach is well respected by the kids and knows basketball.  I hope she is in the running for the varsity job.  I heard the same story as "Booger".  I also know from right out of the girls mouths that there was constant bickering between the new AD and the Head Coach.  Also not a good thing!  Kids Talk and Parents Talk even More!!!!

You can't really judge your talent from the 8th grade year to high school success when comparing basketball. Too many variables involved over the 2-3 year difference. Some kids may have peaked in the 8th grade whereas others won't peak until high school.

Why is the HF girls bb job open? What happened to the coach that was there?

Coach Downs is and always will be a wonderful coach.. She gave her heart and soul to Hamshire Fannett. She left a job she loved at Nederland for her daughter and all of the young ladies at Hamshire fannett because she has known them their entire life. She lost her job because she stood up for the girls program. The AD locked out the volleyball girls from their dressing room because he thought the football boys needed "concentration time". She said something to him about this unfairness...he immediately decided he didnt like her.. He POSTED LIES ABOUT HER.. And took her job. But knowing her. She WILL have a new job and has recieved many offers. But I heard she won't coach this next year so she can watch her daughter her senior year.

It is good to see loyalty in a young lady. Can you tell me, were lyou "locked out" of all dressing rooms all together and had none to use? Because I don't understand. So you weren't allowed in the dressing rooms in the gym where the games were being played? Or were you simply asked to relocate for home football games? And please tell me where to find these negative posts made about the basketball coach by the AD? Do you really think the AD reassigned her only because she "stood up for the girls program?" Because of I dont believe she was fired or actually reassigned, for this reason. Did the volleyball coach also get reassigned too, because she sure should have said something about the "lockout"? Or did they not "stand up" for their girls? Please explain your posts, I am curious. Has Coach Downs already resigned from HF or is she still planning to return next year to HF? Which one of the many jobs offered has she decided to take for next year?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tigersvoice

Hmm? I'm curious as to why non-HF fans are in the know about OUR next coach. Sheez, I ain't heard a word.

Coaches have their own network of contacts, most being other coaches or confidants.  They communicate a lot, bouncing ideas and concepts off of each other

and sharing news - sometimes before it is "News."  They are a special, tight-knit group and they are loyal to each other.  I kind of like that.

Hmm? I'm curious as to why non-HF fans are in the know about OUR next coach. Sheez, I ain't heard a word.

Coaches have their own network of contacts, most being other coaches or confidants.  They communicate a lot, bouncing ideas and concepts off of each other

and sharing news - sometimes before it is "News."  They are a special, tight-knit group and they are loyal to each other.  I kind of like that.

And to think I use to be a P.E. Major and wanted to go into coaching. I knew there was something missing in my career.

Guest tigersvoice

And to think I use to be a P.E. Major and wanted to go into coaching. I knew there was something missing in my career.

Well, you know it's "Kinesiology" now 8).  So, what

is a BlueDove and what did you become instead?

So accroding to the "COACHING MAFIA," who is going to be the next HF Girls' Basketball coach?

I ain't telling. But if we got this person it would be a major move in the right direction for the girl's program.

You got that right!!

Guest bleed orange

Hamphire Fannett like Orangefield is a tough place to coach at.

Would you care to elaborate on this subject matter, please? I'm curious to your thoughts.

No problem, Orangefield does not like change and has high expectations every year in basketball. The coach we hired had a rough time at first with the kids and the parents. Now everyone likes the coach. It funny how winning changes everything. ;D If you are like me Bluedove, I want our kids to be good at everything and there is no reason why we can't be. Both school have great kids and supportive parents. Sometimes parents can get a little carried away. Like I said in an early post volleyball during volleyball season and basketball during basketball season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami