Worst Games You Been To Or Played In??

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW thanks for bringing this up Coop. Let me first tell you when I played in OF it was during a down period for us. My three years on varsity we won a total of 4 games. Yeah thats right 4 games in three years. OK, my sophomore year we are playing Kirbyville and I dropped a TD pass that would have probably won us the game. Thanks for bringing up the bad memories Coop!! :D

1983... WO-S vs PNG

We had just taken the lead at the end of the third quarter. PNG gets the ball and has one of those long consuming drives down the field (I'm playing DE for WO-S). Anyway, they get down to our 5 w/ about 4 minutes left in the game. They have a 4th and 3 situation. Coach T sends our defensive play in and tells me specifically to watch for the reverse; I can still hear him... "stay at home". Well, they run the toss to the weak side (they had been doing it the whole drive and we couldn't stop it). So... thinking I recognized it prior to the play because I was watching the tailbacks eyes, I get a good jump off the snap and think I have the play stopped. I'll be damned if the tailback doesn't pitch the ball to the receiver coming around the back side and me thinking SON OF A B***H, MOTHER F****R, IT 'S A DA*N REVERSE...

I never ran so hard in my life trying to catch that kid, but it was all for not... he scored and we lost.

The 84 season, it rained 7 of the 10 weeks. It was also the first year of HB 72 but anyway, playing H-J in Sour Lake. The field was so muddy, they put hay on the sidelines. We won 9-7 but we lost our starting FB to a broken ankle when he got stuck in that gumbo mud.....

The 84 season' date=' it rained 7 of the 10 weeks. It was also the first year of HB 72 but anyway, playing H-J in Sour Lake. The field was so muddy, they put hay on the sidelines. We won 9-7 but we lost our starting FB to a broken ankle when he got stuck in that gumbo mud.....[/quote'] Yea, that sounded like a bad night under the lights.

1983... WO-S vs PNG

We had just taken the lead at the end of the third quarter. PNG gets the ball and has one of those long consuming drives down the field (I'm playing DE for WO-S). Anyway' date=' they get down to our 5 w/ about 4 minutes left in the game. They have a 4th and 3 situation. Coach T sends our defensive play in and tells me specifically to watch for the reverse; I can still hear him... "stay at home". Well, they run the toss to the weak side (they had been doing it the whole drive and we couldn't stop it). So... thinking I recognized it prior to the play because I was watching the tailbacks eyes, I get a good jump off the snap and think I have the play stopped. I'll be damned if the tailback doesn't pitch the ball to the receiver coming around the back side and me thinking SON OF A B***H, MOTHER F****R, IT 'S A DA*N REVERSE...

I never ran so hard in my life trying to catch that kid, but it was all for not... he scored and we lost.[/quote']

Gasilla, you can't blame this all on yourself, man. I remember that game well. To me, what stands out more than that play was the one where Rodney Geter caught a pass in the open field and was tackled at the one yard line. He had a clear shot to the goal line, and that PNG defender still caught him from behind. Geter was literally one step too slow. First and goal from the one...and we couldn't score. THAT was the ball game. I remember hearing Coach T Monday morning saying, "If you get down to the one yard line and don't score, you don't deserve to win." I'm not trying to ride Rodney over this (actually, I never knew him), but that was the play that stood out in the eyes of Coach T.

Well... neither of those plays helped the cause. We really blew that game. I remember Rodney's catch like it was yesterday. The DB tried to make a play on the ball on their sideline, but he missed it and Rodney caught it and was all alone. I was so sure he was going to score that I had turned and raised my helmet to the crowd. I couldn't believe it when I turned around and he had been caught. He was literally all by himself. I still don't know where the kid who caght him came from. I was sent in at guard on the goal line. First play we jump offsides, then do it again on the next play (neither were me :wink: ). After that, it was all over.

Another missed opportunity in that game was when Harold Green (the fastest 200 meter hurdle guy in the state), broke down the sideline and pulls a hammy and gets caught from behind. We didn't score that time either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed