vidors band

Guest bulldogbark

well I have to brag now, Jaspers band (core marching) has had straight ones for two years in a row and has won the sweepstakes award for the last two years...... :D

oops make that 4 years see below :!:

Guest bulldogbark

JHS band receives 1st division

Jasper High School band recently competed in UIL concert and sightreading competition held at Jasper High School. JHS received 1st division ratings on both the concert and sightreading portion of the contest.

Previously, the band had received 1st divisions ratings for marching band. With the band receiving 1st division ratings in marching, concert and sightreading, the UIL a w a rded the band the "Sweepstakes" award.

This is the 4th consecutive year the JHS band has received Sweepstakes, continuing the recent successes of the band program.

Last summer the band was selected as the State winner in the class 3A

Outstanding Performance Series" competition which is

p o n s o red by the Association of Texas Small School Bands.

Guest bulldogbark

I believe that when we go to compition there should be broken down into two groups military and core....the year before last in compition most of the bands that went on to finals were military marching bands....I think we were the only ones to go as a core band.....two different styles and two different gradings....its just very difficult I feel to grade the two together...thoughts :?:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Techsan

Thanks Coop. I have been swamped, its getting crunch time for the governors election.......can I put you down for an official endorsement for my boss; Kinky? :lol: Anyway, I still remember the half time show at Vidor with the lights out. It was simply amazing, to this day I dont think I have seen a more awe inspiring half time show. Is that their regular routine or a special homecoming routine? I remember thinking to myself that I had no clue why there werent 20 band kids laid out in the middle of the field with broken noses :lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124