*WO-S' Rivers Reassigned*

SETXsports.com has learned that Head Baseball Coach Derrick Rivers has been reassigned..Stay tuned for more.

kogt.......Derrick Rivers has been relieved of his duties as WOS Head Baseball Coach however he will still teach at Oates Elementary.  Assistant Coaches Jimmy Hallman and Jesse Riojas will share the duties.

Guest Orangeboy

coop any word who is going to take over? probably riojas, i know there has been friction over there.  interesting!!!

What kind of friction?

Guest Chaingang Defense
:D LIKE A MAGNET. ANOTHER NAME I HEAR AROUND SCHOOL IS MICHAEL THOMPSON. WE'RE FIXING TO TURN THIS BASEBALL PROGRAM AROUND.

Seems that maybe the ad has been trying to run the baseball program instead of letting the baseball coach hence the regular turnovers?

I don't know where you got your info, but I'm pretty sure Dan has NOT been "trying to run the baseball program".  That statement is just trying to start something. 

Seems that maybe the ad has been trying to run the baseball program instead of letting the baseball coach hence the regular turnovers?

I don't know where you got your info, but I'm pretty sure Dan has NOT been "trying to run the baseball program".  That statement is just trying to start something. 

Im not sure if people understand what WOS baseball use to mean..... The days of Coach Anderson and Coach Bearden were AWESOME!!!! We lost a good baseball coach in Coach McGee this year because of the friction in the baseball program and now I hope that problem has been taken care of so we can get someone in there that will get the program back to where it once was.

I disagree with that. Until resently they either haven't been teaching fundamentals or they weren't learning them. We have never been the biggest or the best but we have very often (at least during the 80's and 90's) been the best prepared team. We were fundamentally sound. Everyone bought into the idea that everyone had a place to be on every play and we got there. That hasn't happened in years. They are headed in the right direction with fundamentals now.

Well,I think that out of the two coaches(Hallman and Rojas) the more experienced one should have gotten the job.  Making both of them share the duties is a joke.  I think that the ones in charge have someone else in mind to take over next year and they didn't want either of them to get their hopes up.  Just a thought.

You can only coach what you are given

Hooks does great in football because he has some awesome talent and his staff is good

The problem in WOS baseball is not enough baseball talent rising through the ranks. No coach is going to change this. I suspect this is a youth baseball problem. Baseball playing talent has shifted to other schools LCM, OF, BC

Hooks does great in football because he has some awesome talent and his staff is good

The problem in WOS baseball is not enough baseball talent rising through the ranks. No coach is going to change this. I suspect this is a youth baseball problem. Baseball playing talent has shifted to other schools LCM, OF, BC

My boys came up playing pony ball with plenty of WOS boys?

How can it be a youth baseball problem if all of the LCM and WOS kids play in the same youth leagues?

How can it be a youth baseball problem if all of the LCM and WOS kids play in the same youth leagues?

I think it's more about discipline and accountability. When WOS was good and we were good for alot of years, it wasn't all talent. Just like WOS in football and LCM in baseball. They are held accountable for their actions. They are both fundamentally sound. The opposite has been true recently in WOS baseball and LCM football. That being said I do realize that you have to have some talent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476