Smiley / Wheatley PREDICTIONS

Guest RBarker

Guest DickVitale

Neither team plays half court defense, neither team is very disciplined, neither team will ever attempt to make any adjustments, both have some athletes...Its really a toss up...Whichever team is making shots, and limits the turnovers will have great shot at pulling it out.  They both rely on turnovers to fuel their respective offenses, and they both have really bad shot selection...They have both made the regional tourney, so with that being said, the athleticism MUST be respected on both sides.  Tell you what if the game is under 70, I will take Smiley, if it turns into a track meet, Wheatley...Entertaining for fans, nauseating for basketball enthusiasts.

Guest DickVitale

Wheatley is Wheatley..what you see is what you always get..They do what they do well, and that is rip and run..It is a tradition rich school, and those kids play with lots of pride...If Smiley expects to win they must not get into a "track meet" with them..Smiley has some pretty good bigs, so if they utilize them in a half court setting they should have no problem disposing of Wheatley...BUT, I dont think that they will do it, so, as I said before, whichever team is hot and turns it over the least, will have the best shot at winning..

Guest DickVitale

I watched Wheatly three times and I feel that they were trash... I am surprised they got this far...  Nobdy starting is above 6'1" and this year their atheletes are suspect...  Smiley should blow them out!

Hey that may be true, but, Wheatley kids play HARD...Tradition means a lot to them...They are not pitiful..They are VERY beatable, but it wont be a easy W for Smiley...Like I said, whoever is hot and limits turnovers will likely win, since coaching will not be a factor in this one..at all. ;)

I watched Wheatly three times and I feel that they were trash... I am surprised they got this far...  Nobdy starting is above 6'1" and this year their atheletes are suspect...  Smiley should blow them out!

Your credibility has really spiraled downward in my book if you are trying to talk about Wheatley. Obviously you know nothing of the tradition, the area,nor the rich basketball history surrounding Wheatley High.  Through her doors have walked some of the greatest basketball legends in Texas.  The legacy still continues today. It doesn't matter if Wheatley has had 6'10" Dwight Jones to little Alvin Brooks, the Wildcats have taken on all challengers, on to this day remain a basketball force that demands respect for their accomplishments. There are not too many schools around today who have the lasting power as the mighty PHYLISS WHEATLEY W-I-L-D-C-A-T-S. The name itself would strike fear into the opposing teams, thereby giving Wheatley a 10-point mental advantage before the game started. We laugh  :D in your face. For you to think a mere size can stop the Wheatley machine. :D :D :D

Your credibility has really spiraled downward in my book if you are trying to talk about Wheatley. Obviously you know nothing of the tradition, the area,nor the rich basketball history surrounding Wheatley High.  Through her doors have walked some of the greatest basketball legends in Texas.  The legacy still continues today. It doesn't matter if Wheatley has had 6'10" Dwight Jones to little Alvin Brooks, the Wildcats have taken on all challengers, on to this day remain a basketball force that demands respect for their accomplishments. There are not too many schools around today who have the lasting power as the mighty PHYLISS WHEATLEY W-I-L-D-C-A-T-S. The name itself would strike fear into the opposing teams, thereby giving Wheatley a 10-point mental advantage before the game started. We laugh  :D in your face. For you to think a mere size can stop the Wheatley machine. :D :D :D

I know and respect the traditionand the grit and scrappiness of Wheatly, but this is the first year that I have watched them and did not come away impressed...  I saw Smiley and felt that they had a better package...  I love Wheatly and their fans... Even a Wheatly Alumni agreed with me.

And another thing... I have watched wheatly beat big teams with five guards and I know size means nothing to the Wildcats!!!!!!!  The mere shot of a stadium filled with purple will scare most!!!  Let alone its Fifthward purple!

See, thats all I wanted to hear!  You good in my book again ;D

I was sitting on side of James Waldon of the 72 State team and he was suprised of how good theyt were doing..  He an I were both amazed by the talent at Smiley... Indivisually Smiley is as talented as any in the state but can they put it together?

Guest DickVitale

I hate it (when I have coached or played against them) when that crowd starts clapping fast and chanting: WHEAT-LEY, WHEAT-LEY, WHEAT-LEY..Man, those kids shift into another gear when they hear that!!  :D I love tradition rich schools...When they start doing that, it's time for a TO baaaabyy! ;D

I hate it (when I have coached or played against them) when that crowd starts clapping fast and chanting: WHEAT-LEY, WHEAT-LEY, WHEAT-LEY..Man, those kids shift into another gear when they hear that!!  :D I love tradition rich schools...When they start doing that, it's time for a TO baaaabyy! ;D

Yes that is a deafening chant!

Truly a sixth man on the court

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124