Here We Go....Ozen vs. Yates Friday Predictions??

KFDM COOP

Guest DickVitale

Wish I could make this one. Maybe the best game matchup wise. With Yates struggling lately I'm goin with Ozen in a tight one. 82-79

Oh no...we dont want that kind of game! Thats too many points!! ;D...This one will have to be in the 50's or 60's....Possibly even in the 40's....Thats how you beat Houston ISD teams, BLUEDOVE3!... ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could make this one. Maybe the best game matchup wise. With Yates struggling lately I'm goin with Ozen in a tight one. 82-79

I wouldn't call it a struggle. Sometimes teams are so good that they think opponents are just going to roll-over and die. Instead of just going out there focused on the job ahead of them. I think Ozen will give them a good game, but Ozen is not going to be able to withstand the pressure the mighty Lions will inflict. An onslaught unlike Ozen has seen all year in that weak district they played in this year. Yates will be alright as long as they don't go into the game thinking Ozen will just give them the game.  In fact, I'll be contacting (my brother)the coach today and relay the sentiments from Southeast Texas and it's Ozen supporters :D :D :D :D

Guest DickVitale

we had a player that shut down decarlos franks twice but , the rest of the team picked up the slack. too many weapons on the bench with speed and jumping ability. it will be a tough match up

SHUT him down? whoa, that is a bit much..He has, however, had some games that he could get into rhythm offensively, but, to say he was SHUT DOWN...Thats a bit of a stretch..He has really grown up during these playoffs, and that is what matters right now...He is really playing lights out.

Guest DickVitale

OK DickV how about slowed him down, you are correct, no one can shut him down

Yeah I am sure that early on it would have been a little easier to do that as well.  Like I said, he was up and down early, but really kicked it into gear around the middle of district...Sophmores are funny like that sometimes..Freshman year, he was playing "loosey goosey", without a care in the world, but this year, the pressure started to mount a bit, and he was really trying to establish his identity with the team.

Dear God! I know you answer prayers and I realize you are very busy. But if you could just oversee the Yates vs Ozen game and help the best team win. May the losers on this forum suffer humiliation  and kneel humbly before the mighty Jack Yates Lions. Dear God, remember how I felt when Ozen whipped up on Wheatley. I had no bragging rights back then and Ozen's fans were oh so cocky. Dear God, I know I am asking for selfish reasons, but I just can't stand Ozen when they play against Houston teams during the playoffs. I want bragging rights this year.

I wasn't sure if Ozen would make it through but you answered my prayers. I prayed for Ozen to get through the playoffs and you answered my prayers.

This is such a Vain prayer...  God does not answer prayers of vanity...  Sorry Yates!

Dear God! I know you answer prayers and I realize you are very busy. But if you could just oversee the Yates vs Ozen game and help the best team win. May the losers on this forum suffer humiliation  and kneel humbly before the mighty Jack Yates Lions. Dear God, remember how I felt when Ozen whipped up on Wheatley. I had no bragging rights back then and Ozen's fans were oh so cocky. Dear God, I know I am asking for selfish reasons, but I just can't stand Ozen when they play against Houston teams during the playoffs. I want bragging rights this year.

I wasn't sure if Ozen would make it through but you answered my prayers. I prayed for Ozen to get through the playoffs and you answered my prayers.

I'm wondering if I click on smite under your "nic" if it would work?  ;D

This is such a Vain prayer...  God does not answer prayers of vanity...  Sorry Yates!

WOW ONE GOOD GAME AND HE'S OZEN SAVIOR HE TAKES THOSE SHOT REGULARLY .DIFFERENCE IS HE MADE THEM THIS TIME AROUND VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE .BUT IN ELEMENTARY WASN'T HE AND GULLY FROM CENTRAL IN SAME GRADE AT FRENCH AND SAME TEAM AS A MATTER OF FACT JOSEPH FROM OZEN ON THAT SAME TEAM. 1 GRADE HIGHER,

SHOUT OUT TO MY BOI KRIS RICHARDS PLAYING AT TULANE STARTING 2 GAURD .HE WAS ON THE RECIEVING END OF SOME OF THOSE MEMPHIS HIGHLIGHTS I SEE YA STARTIN BOI

I'm wondering if I click on smite under your "nic" if it would work?  ;D

I am not on here for a popularity contest so smite away my dear friend... smite away!

Guest DickVitale

WOW ONE GOOD GAME AND HE'S OZEN SAVIOR HE TAKES THOSE SHOT REGULARLY .DIFFERENCE IS HE MADE THEM THIS TIME AROUND VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE .BUT IN ELEMENTARY WASN'T HE AND GULLY FROM CENTRAL IN SAME GRADE AT FRENCH AND SAME TEAM AS A MATTER OF FACT JOSEPH FROM OZEN ON THAT SAME TEAM. 1 GRADE HIGHER,

SHOUT OUT TO MY BOI KRIS RICHARDS PLAYING AT TULANE STARTING 2 GAURD .HE WAS ON THE RECIEVING END OF SOME OF THOSE MEMPHIS HIGHLIGHTS I SEE YA STARTIN BOI

You went back to ELEMENTARY school? ::)....That playoff performance was one for the ages...Without it, we may be talking about NEXT year's Ozen team right now...maybe. ;)

This is not a basketball question...  As long as he is eligiable age does not matter.... If UIL lets him play then let him play... I am pretty sure he nor anyone else needs you to remind him of possible past failures...  Comend him for doing better now and do not condemn him for past mistakes!!!!

ALL I'M SAYING U GUYS R MAKING IT SEEM LIKE HES SUM 15 Y/O SUPER SOPH SAVIOR .CONGRAD TO HIM AND OZEN  PRFORMANCE IS RIGHT HE TAKES THOSE SHOT EVERY GAME THEY WENT IN .CONGRADULATION TO HIM I'M SAYING THE HYPE MACHINE IS IN FULL SWING .AND ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT TO FINALS LAST YEAR ALOT OF TALENTED PLAYERS ON SQUAD . 4 THE RECORD I HOPE MAKES THE LEAGUE  THINGS JUST GET SHADY

Guest DickVitale

According to the UIL, he is a sophomore....Clock starts when you enter 9th grade...Has 2 more years to go...Why do you people on here LOVE to try to SCANDALIZE EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY? Brain, that is just wrong.. and you supposedly KNOW these boys as well...sad, man...sad.

ALL I'M SAYING U GUYS R MAKING IT SEEM LIKE HES SUM 15 Y/O SUPER SOPH SAVIOR .CONGRAD TO HIM AND OZEN  PRFORMANCE IS RIGHT HE TAKES THOSE SHOT EVERY GAME THEY WENT IN .CONGRADULATION TO HIM I'M SAYING THE HYPE MACHINE IS IN FULL SWING .AND ACT LIKE THEY DIDN'T MAKE IT TO FINALS LAST YEAR ALOT OF TALENTED PLAYERS ON SQUAD . 4 THE RECORD I HOPE MAKES THE LEAGUE  THINGS JUST GET SHADY

I said he was a good player reguardless of age...  If he were a senior or a juniour one thing still stands out...  He has been playing great ball!

Guest DickVitale

This kid is on track to be better than J'Covan...I never have compared the two, but as a soph., Franks is better...Remember, J'Covan was playing in the "church league" (TAPPS) while DeCarlos was leading a top class 4A team into the regionals and beyond...Like I said, did not WANT to compare the two, but...there is really no comparison at THIS stage of their high school careers (sophomores)..DeCarlos is better.

VERY GOOD PLAYER IN ALL HONESTY U GUYS WERE TRYING TO TURN HIM INTO J'COVIN THATS JUST NOT THE CASE FROM TALENT STAND POINT . I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT . HUH DICKIE V

Just tried to say the kid was good... Right now it is his time.. JCovian's time has come and gone...  We may never know how good J. Brown is because of his horrible track record...  But DeCarlos will surely have the opportunity unless injury!!

ALRIGHT EVERTHING ELSE ASIDE I'VE SEEN BROWN PLAY SINCE 6TH GRADE HE DOMINATED PLAY ALL OVER THE COUNTRY IN AAU .I'VE DECARLOS PLAY SINSE ELEMENTARY .BROWN HAD A COMPLETE SKILL SET PASSING DRIBBLING AND SHOOTING OH YEAH LOCK DOWN ANYONE DEFENCE . FRANKS HAS BETTER COACHING AND PEOPLE AROUND HIM OH YEAH A BETTER TEAM THAT WENT TO FINALS LAST YEAR REMEMBER THAT GAME PASSING OR NOT PASSING AHEAD IF U GUYS NOTICED WITH A BLOWN LAY UP AND TO THEY STOOPED PLAYING D

This is not a basketball question...  As long as he is eligiable age does not matter.... If UIL lets him play then let him play... I am pretty sure he nor anyone else needs you to remind him of possible past failures...  Comend him for doing better now and do not condemn him for past mistakes!!!!

It's quite common nowadays for parents to hold their kids back for the maturity factor in sports.

Guest DickVitale

BLUEDOVE, dont listen to that nonsense...That boy is 15 and will turn 16 THIS year...Still a 10th grader, and will be the top prospect in the 2010 class in this state and will be tops in the country as well...Hey by the way, after the Yates game, I will take a steak from Chili's right there in Katy!!... ;D..I wont try to break you, man!!  ;D

BLUEDOVE, dont listen to that nonsense...That boy is 15 and will turn 16 THIS year...Still a 10th grader, and will be the top prospect in the 2010 class in this state and will be tops in the country as well...Hey by the way, after the Yates game, I will take a steak from Chili's right there in Katy!!... ;D..I wont try to break you, man!!  ;D

Dicke you should have said Taste of Texas on I10, Katy Freeway....

$50 a steak but there is none better!

Guest DickVitale

Dicke you should have said Taste of Texas on I10, Katy Freeway....

$50 a steak but there is none better!

:D..Naw, man, I aint gonna kill him!! This bet was too easy! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124