teams finished at Lufkin and the last 4 teams played

at Central.

Hudson played Whitehouse and WH won and Diboll

played Vidor and Vidor won.  Then Vidor played WH

for the championship.  Looks like Hudson and Diboll

should be 3rd and 4th since they were at Hudson

and both went 3-0 in pool play and lost to teams

playing championship.  It does say on the bracket

though that the last group at Lufkin is 3rd and 4th.

Tournaments are about playing games and gaining

experience and if you win that is bonus. 

It was good for Diboll to see that they can compete

with good teams like Vidor and Jasper. The Lumberjacks

should make some noise in district and be able to play with

Hudson and Carthage.

Good luck to all teams this season.

Na, you use alot of Pitchers during these Tournments.

I agree...I'd rather just play a few doubleheaders. Tournaments can be misleading....not saying that the Jasper/Vidor game was or wasn't. Everything that I've heard is the Hester kid is throwing the ball really well.

I saw him throw a bullpen session in Beaumont and he was very sharp.

Guest vpirate

Na, you use alot of Pitchers during these Tournments.

I agree...I'd rather just play a few doubleheaders. Tournaments can be misleading....not saying that the Jasper/Vidor game was or wasn't. Everything that I've heard is the Hester kid is throwing the ball really well.

I saw him throw a bullpen session in Beaumont and he was very sharp.

He was very sharp against Jasper (no hitter).  They've got a few kids that can hit the ball.  Vidor's middle infield made some nice plays for him also....  Not sure who pitched for Jasper.  I do know it wasn't their ace.  Vidor had 18 hits..  Jasper usually gets on a roll when it counts.

kogt

The Vidor Pirates won first place in the Lufkin-Hudson Tournament this weekend. Trae Hester pitched a no-hitter in the first game against Jasper on Friday night. Pictured kneeling front is Taylor Robichau. Standing left to right: Todd Glaze, Chris Tienert, Trae Hester, Will Fontnow, VJ Bunner, Chaz Bruce, Larry Williams, Chad Sims, Derek Worthy, Scott Cathey, Hunter Hagler, Jessie Griffin and Justin Beckman. The Pirates are coached by Kyle Green and Rex Humberson.

Vidor-LufTourn.jpg

kogt

The Vidor Pirates won first place in the Lufkin-Hudson Tournament this weekend. Trae Hester pitched a no-hitter in the first game against Jasper on Friday night. Pictured kneeling front is Taylor Robichau. Standing left to right: Todd Glaze, Chris Tienert, Trae Hester, Will Fontnow, VJ Bunner, Chaz Bruce, Larry Williams, Chad Sims, Derek Worthy, Scott Cathey, Hunter Hagler, Jessie Griffin and Justin Beckman. The Pirates are coached by Kyle Green and Rex Humberson.

Vidor-LufTourn.jpg

I called the Vidor team a throwback in a previous post. This picture reminds of the old days when a high school baseball tournament was a tournament. You had a winner, you had a MVP, you had an all-tournament team.

Those days at the old Certa tournament in Orange when you could see teams from Louisana to Houston. The next week ride over to the reservation and see some best players and teams at PNG. Times do change.

Thanks Gary for the pic 

This is the hidden content, please

kogt

Vidor-LufTourn.jpg

I called the Vidor team a throwback in a previous post. This picture reminds of the old days when a high school baseball tournament was a tournament. You had a winner, you had a MVP, you had an all-tournament team.

Those days at the old Certa tournament in Orange when you could see teams from Louisana to Houston. The next week ride over to the reservation and see some best players and teams at PNG. Times do change.

Thanks Gary for the pic 

This is the hidden content, please

Great going Pirates! See you guys at Kelly on Tuesday!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124