*PN-G vs. Kelly/PN-G Wins 11-3/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Hosed by ?? the hitters or a tite zone??

It was a little bit of both. The strike zone seemed somewhat erratic and kept the pitchers and batters off balance. Kelly walked a lot of batters. Png did hit the ball. Zack Rahme and JJ Garcia both went deep for Png. Good start for the Indians.

Kelly      0  0  0  3  0  0  0  -  3  7  1

PNG      0  5  2  0  0  4  x  -  11  8  0

WP - Todd

LP - Fazio

PNG - Todd, Harrington (4), Sweetenham (6) and Carnahan

Kelly - Fazio, Falgout (2), Prewitt (5), McDonald (6)

HR - PNG : Garcia, Rhame

Other highlights - (PNG) Benoit, Carnahan, Rhame all had two hits.

Comments : Kelly walked 9 batters. The umpire had a very tight strike zone, but it went both ways.

It was a good game for PNG.  The umpire called consistently for both sides.  Kelly's pitching was off, walking several players and had two or three wild pitches that scored runs.  PNG hit the ball well.  Kelly put in a few good hits also.

Kelly is a good team with good players, so they will rebound.  We wish them best of luck in the TAPPS District.

Saw the highlights on the news last night, the balls PNG hit were smoked.  Don't make excuses for these kids like tight zones, erratic umps, etc.  I am surprised because of all the Fazio buildup.  Maybe he had a bad night, maybe PNG can hit a little bit, maybe he is not as good as touted.  Time will tell.  Just don't make excuses for kids, they make enough of them on their own.

Saw the highlights on the news last night, the balls PNG hit were smoked.  Don't make excuses for these kids like tight zones, erratic umps, etc.  I am surprised because of all the Fazio buildup.  Maybe he had a bad night, maybe PNG can hit a little bit, maybe he is not as good as touted.  Time will tell.  Just don't make excuses for kids, they make enough of them on their own.

I just made an observation. It wasn't meant to be an excuse for anyone. PNG is certainly swinging the bats much better than last year early on. Showing some HR power too.

A umpire with a consistent zone is IMO what a coach wants to see out of ANY umpire. A pitcher or batter should not have to adjust each inning, should get better as its still early in the yr.

welcome to Ozen pitchers world, you just have to deal with it as a pitcher

::) Excuses by two teams that got whipped by better teams.  Always the umps, refs fault ::) Stop excuses and give credit where credit is due, PNG had 8 hits and 2 HR, Kelly had 7 hits and 0 HR. It sounds like Kelly needs to workout more ;D Kelly has a good team and should do fine this year

A umpire with a consistent zone is IMO what a coach wants to see out of ANY umpire. A pitcher or batter should not have to adjust each inning, should get better as its still early in the yr.

welcome to Ozen pitchers world, you just have to deal with it as a pitcher

::) Excuses by two teams that got whipped by better teams.  Always the umps, refs fault ::) Stop excuses and give credit where credit is due, PNG had 8 hits and 2 HR, Kelly had 7 hits and 0 HR. It sounds like Kelly needs to workout more ;D Kelly has a good team and should do fine this year

you r right WB is better than Ozen,still it is what it is ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086

• I will never understand why someone cares what decisions a family makes regarding their own child? Maybe Joe Burrow learns great life lessons from burning up all his eligibility sitting behind Justin Fields at Ohio State but I’m sure him and his family feel like they made the right decision by transferring to LSU, becoming the #1 pick and now being the highest paid QB in NFL history. Same for Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield and Jalen Hurts at their first stops.    I think it was more beneficial for Reggie Branch to transfer to Crosby and end up having an opportunity to play for a state title versus staying at GCM and learning life lessons while he loses and probably doesn’t go D1 because his team is a perennial loser. If Robinson throws for 2k yards this year it’s going to be a lot better for his recruitment purposes than sitting on the bench at BH, not to mention he’s going to get significant looks because of the kids he’s on the team with and the offers/commitments they’ve already made. He’s not being taught to run from competition, he’s being taught to gamble on himself just like all those other guys I mentioned did. 
    • You have found Utopia. I live in the real world.
    • Every Yuppie wants one.  Give me a V-8 with loud pipes, and they can have their electric vehicles.  Was working a major incident one day and we had a road blocked off.  Police vehicles with lights going and a kid pulls up in a Tesla.  He - let me stress that HE is sobbing uncontrollably because he is at 5% battery life and HAS to go down the road we have blocked to get to a charging station.  He pulled over and literally threw a temper tantrum because we would not let him through.  
    • Have you noticed that it's always the libs that bring up race?  For a long time now whenever a lib is losing an argument or have nothing else to say they bring up racism.  Or something silly like institutional racism.  LOL!
    • Ha!  Whatever that means!  
  • Topics