the trenches

wbman

who is the best defensive lineman in the 2008 class  

19 members have voted

1. 1. who is the best defensive lineman in the 2008 class

• dravantie johnson
    • blake chavis

if your talking about recruits then Randle-Kelly but if you mean players then. Brent Kimmey-Dayton, John Ward-Lumberton, Windbush-LCM.

All I have to say is who?  At the risk of sounding like a homer my vote is for Chavis.

not to continue with the hijack of this thread, but kimmey would be a major prospect if he was 2 inches taller. unfortunately, I don't think he's got another growth spurt in him. Chavis and Johnson have got the size and ability, total package.

you guys cant be serious............you who got the better scholarship you guys are tripping forreal

You have no clue of what you are talking about.  Chavis had his choice of schools and chose to follow his brother to A&M.  I'm a big Texas fan, but how is a scholarship to Texas a better scholarship?  Both are free rides to D-I schools.  We'll just watch and see who becomes the better college football player.  My money is on Chavis. 

i take neither..both guys are good athletes but both are well over 6' and over 210 lbs..and still arm tackling people..lay some licks!..THIS IS SETX FOOTBALL!!

So SETEXAN, if you are the head coach for University of Texas and you are taking two from this area, who do you take instead of the two listed?

well who is the best defensive player in the area i yalls opinion?

hate to say it but not dravannti or chavis..sure dravannti may be a big name but anthony beard had a way better season in the same district and he is a sophmore..of course i go with cory bell though....lol..setxsports had him as the defensive mvp so that question is already settled!.. ;D

you guys cant be serious............you who got the better scholarship you guys are tripping forreal

You have no clue of what you are talking about.  Chavis had his choice of schools and chose to follow his brother to A&M.  I'm a big Texas fan, but how is a scholarship to Texas a better scholarship?   Both are free rides to D-I schools.  We'll just watch and see who becomes the better college football player.  My money is on Chavis. 

neither one of them impressed me this year and i can guarantee you texas wasnt a school that offered him but neway let me give you an example of how texas is better then........lets go by the players that texas gets and the players that a&m gets.............in the class of 09 texas gets players like garret gilbert arguably the best qb in the state of texas and ranked number 12 in the nation, thomas ashcraft, chris waley the best running back in the state of texas, greg timmons ranked 69 in the nation...........a&m doesnt have a verbal from one player one the rivals top 100 players in the class 09 they get all of texas leftovers thats why texas was able to get dravannti from a&m when he was commited there its a no brainer if texas offered the same kid that a&m did the player would pick texas hands down the university of texas is way better then a&m in every aspect

You have no clue of what you are talking about.  Chavis had his choice of schools and chose to follow his brother to A&M.  I'm a big Texas fan, but how is a scholarship to Texas a better scholarship?   Both are free rides to D-I schools.  We'll just watch and see who becomes the better college football player.  My money is on Chavis. 

neither one of them impressed me this year and i can guarantee you texas wasnt a school that offered him but neway let me give you an example of how texas is better then........lets go by the players that texas gets and the players that a&m gets.............in the class of 09 texas gets players like garret gilbert arguably the best qb in the state of texas and ranked number 12 in the nation, thomas ashcraft, chris waley the best running back in the state of texas, greg timmons ranked 69 in the nation...........a&m doesnt have a verbal from one player one the rivals top 100 players in the class 09 they get all of texas leftovers thats why texas was able to get dravannti from a&m when he was commited there its a no brainer if texas offered the same kid that a&m did the player would pick texas hands down the university of texas is way better then a&m in every aspect

Isn't C. Michael in the rivals top 100?  Wasn't Texas trying to get him?   Didn't he commit to A&M?  Mack Brown was a better recruiter than that suck butt coach A&M had.  Weather that trend remains with A&M's new coach has yet to be seen.  Oh and last year when Mack Brown came to Beaumont for Ozen's Ben Wells LOI, he stopped at West Brook to visit with Blake Chavis.  So I dont know about your guarantee.

Isn't C. Michael in the rivals top 100?  Wasn't Texas trying to get him?   Didn't he commit to A&M?  Mack Brown was a better recruiter than that suck butt coach A&M had.  Weather that trend remains with A&M's new coach has yet to be seen.  Oh and last year when Mack Brown came to Beaumont for Ozen's Ben Wells LOI, he stopped at West Brook to visit with Blake Chavis.  So I dont know about your guarantee.

yea he was at a point in time but no anymore......and texas never offer him a scholarship and what does that meeting have to do with anything if he did come meet with him the fact of the matter is he was never offered a scholarship and if he was he would have signed with the longhorns believe me

I don't believe the Longhorns offered a scholarship, but it's only his Junior season.  It's pretty darn impressive that A&M and Nebraska have made offers so early.  Listed at 195 with 4.45 speed will get almost anyone's attention.  Supposedly benches 335.  Quite a physical package.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami