Kidd A Mav!

KFDM COOP

Kidd trade from Nets to Mavericks now official

Kidd trade from Nets to Mavericks now official

Jason Kidd is officially a Dallas Maverick.

"It's done," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told ESPN.com via e-mail. "J-Kidd is a Mav."

The last proposed version of the deal that had been swirling for about a week had Kidd and New Jersey Nets teammate Malik Allen going to Dallas for 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, center DeSagana Diop, swingman Trenton Hassell, guard Maurice Ager, Keith Van Horn via sign-and-trade, first-round picks this June and in 2010 and $3 million in cash.

Kidd looked very bad last night, as did the Mavs, in his first game on the team.  I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.  I know that this was his first game with the team, but he's in mid-season form, and he had a much better team around him than he's had in years.  I honestly think his numbers have been a bit inflated in NJ because of the fact that he was the predominant ball carrier for the team.  He's now on a team where at any given time 4 of the players on the court might be bringing the ball up.  I hope that once he gets settled in he'll start putting up better numbers, but i'm afraid that this might not be the case.  I hope we didn't make this trade to essentially get a couple of flashy assists a game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami