Hardin vs Woden @ livingston Next tues at 7

Guest baseball25

I didn't remember Bobby Mills playing basketball.  ::)

Well, like I said, it has been 20 years and I have slept since then so I don't remember everything.  All I do know is it was the only time in the last 20 years Hardin has won a basektball district.  Good old Coach Box, saw him during the Christmas vacation.  As they say, those were the days my friend!

Bobby Mills?  D1 basketball or football?  You must be talking football because he wasn't tall enough to be a college basketball player.  He was a pretty good linebacker for us on the football field.  I remember him being a great slam dunker jumping off the cheerleader's mini tramp too!  ;D

The 86-87 Hornets went 5-1 in district play with their only defeat coming from West Hardin. West Hardin took the zone title from the Hornets in a playoff game leaving Hardin in second place in the Gulf Coast Zone going into the District 24-AA playoff tournament. Hardin played Woden in Woodville on Feb 20 1987. Hardin did lose to Woden twice earlier in the year. Not sure of the exact scores but yes we did lose to them twice that year. We tied Woden 60-60 and went into overtime. Another 3 minutes went by and the socre was tied again 63-63 to send it into double overtime with Hardin winning 71-64. Hardin then returned on Saturday Feb 21 to play for the district title against Broaddus who beat West Hardin the night before. Hardin went and won that game 56-53. Hardin went 11-16 that year but lost in the bi-district playoffs at Angelina College against Grapeland who was in District 23-AA. The team consisted of Daniel Marsh Sr., Ronald Scott, Rex Amyx, Chris Gola, Angel Leal, Bobby Mills, Joe Phillips, Terry Schubert, Troy Bone & Randy Snell with Head Coach, Greg Box. That was Hardin's 2nd District Championship in boys basketball school history, with the first District Championship coming in 1977. Hope this helped with you historians. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder