Freedom of speech, or a few guys opinion?

As a US Government and Economics instructor, I teach my students about the freedoms and liberties that we have been afforded by incredible people. As a veteran of the US Army, I defended my country with pride and joy. As a father , I teach my son, that he has certain rights that are protected as long as they don't violate other peoples' liberties. So I am puzzled to why when someone asks a question on this site or says something that hurts someone's ego, a MODERATOR, WHO I THINK There are ABOUT 3 OR 4, gets on here and either deletes a topic or delete's certain messages. I have NEVER seen slander or libel in here, look it up, if you don't know what that is. Healthy discussion is good for our forum, so why do people feel obligated to delete people's opinion? The next time I teach a class, please come by and share with my FREEDOM SEEKING AMERICAN STUDENTS and tell us how you feel freedom of speech should be censored on this forum.

God Bless

Guest b-a-g fan

My question is saw no hurt in what you said gander , but yet you were locked Tiger (moderator ) attacks peoples character and he is alowed to continue time and time again . I too defended my country in war Thats what (I have done lately ) and If its good for one its good for all No Moderator exceptions  ??? ??? ???

My question is saw no hurt in what you said gander , but yet you were locked Tiger (moderator ) attacks peoples character and he is alowed to continue time and time again . I too defended my country in war Thats what (I have done lately ) and If its good for one its good for all No Moderator exceptions  ??? ??? ???

It's amazing to me also. But I just have to laugh sometimes. Some people will never understand what other's do for them. Today alone, i saw stuff removed and another thread deleted, WOW. Are we really that scared to let people talk?????????

Guest b-a-g fan

I went to far one time this I will admit makeing a comment about a kid makeing all district and that was unfair to her and should have been removed no question .. but many of my opinions are about adults and others can call people idiots A**es and personal attacks on a persons ability on helping bring young ladies talent to lite , yet not cut off or judged by this site . Opinions are opinions JUdge all or none with no opinions this site would not exsist. I will be at the whitehouse later defending the freedom of speech if you need me  ;D ;D Its not that serious really  :D :D

Guest BreakerCoach

As a US Government and Economics instructor, I teach my students about the freedoms and liberties that we have been afforded by incredible people. As a veteran of the US Army, I defended my country with pride and joy. As a father , I teach my son, that he has certain rights that are protected as long as they don't violate other peoples' liberties. So I am puzzled to why when someone asks a question on this site or says something that hurts someone's ego, a MODERATOR, WHO I THINK IS ABOUT 3 OR 4, gets on here and either deletes a topic or delete's certain messages. I have NEVER seen slander or libel in here, look it up, if you don't know what that is. Healthy discussion is good for our forum, so why do people feel obligated to delete people's opinion? The next time I teach a class, please come by and share with my FREEDOM SEEKING AMERICAN STUDENTS and tell us how you feel freedom of speech should be censored on this forum.

God Bless

Gander, I totally agree some have privlages that others dont ! Period !

Guest BreakerCoach

It's amazing to me also. But I just have to laugh sometimes. Some people will never understand what other's do for them. Today alone, i saw stuff removed and another thread deleted, WOW. Are we really that scared to let people talk?????????

Agree Again ! But it will probably get deleted anyhow !

Guest BreakerCoach

I went to far one time this I will admit makeing a comment about a kid makeing all district and that was unfair to her and should have been removed no question .. but many of my opinions are about adults and others can call people idiots A**es and personal attacks on a persons ability on helping bring young ladies talent to lite , yet not cut off or judged by this site . Opinions are opinions JUdge all or none with no opinions this site would not exsist. I will be at the whitehouse later defending the freedom of speech if you need me  ;D ;D Its not that serious really  :D :D

Sorry Bag, you are not a coach,player, or umpire.

I did! No I am not 3 or 4 but I deleted it and would do it again.

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

What did I say that violated anything. I asked if they had another 1b player that couldn't pitch? If you knew the whole story, you might laugh, but then again you might not.

Guest BreakerCoach

18 ) The bashing of any particular coach, player, referee, etc will not be tolerated. This includes issues involving their personal lives, coaching/playing style or performance, past experiences, etc.

What did I say that violated anything. I asked if they had another 1b player that couldn't pitch? If you knew the whole story, you might laugh, but then again you might not.

Hey, You are pushing the envelope !

Guest WeedBegone

Ok Gander, i have to go with the moderator on this one. I always enjoy your enthusiasm on your post but--going with the mods on this one should not make me a communist, nor against freedom of speech, and most definitely not an unpatriotic atheist. 

SETX has provided us with a very informative and fun media to get to discuss things.  I appreciate the moderators keeping a lid on things.  I too have been warned--and i believe i have had a thread locked up.  I have even received an email telling me my son seems to be getting into trouble in other threads. 

These guys in my opinion have to make a timely decision as to when an issue is getting out of hand.  Sometimes they may make a mistake--but a heated discussion can lead to a number of things that they would regret if they did not stop it and something more serious was a result of their indecision. 

To know that my kid and his or her friends are subjected to public humiliation is comforted by the fact that this forum is under many watchful eyes.  Yes we have freedom of speech, but let us all realize that this web site is free also.  As you and Bag have so faithfully protected our country, let the moderators do their jobs and protect their readers who pay the same price as the writers.

Now that i have sucked up to the moderators---i expect my Karma to get a little boost.  ;D

thats bull crap. commie

Guest BreakerCoach

Ok Gander, i have to go with the moderator on this one. I always enjoy your enthusiasm on your post but--going with the mods on this one should not make me a communist, nor against freedom of speech, and most definitely not an unpatriotic atheist. 

SETX has provided us with a very informative and fun media to get to discuss things.  I appreciate the moderators keeping a lid on things.  I too have been warned--and i believe i have had a thread locked up.  I have even received an email telling me my son seems to be getting into trouble in other threads. 

These guys in my opinion have to make a timely decision as to when an issue is getting out of hand.  Sometimes they may make a mistake--but a heated discussion can lead to a number of things that they would regret if they did not stop it and something more serious was a result of their indecision. 

To know that my kid and his or her friends are subjected to public humiliation is comforted by the fact that this forum is under many watchful eyes.  Yes we have freedom of speech, but let us all realize that this web site is free also.  As you and Bag have so faithfully protected our country, let the moderators do their jobs and protect their readers who pay the same price as the writers.

Now that i have sucked up to the moderators---i expect my Karma to get a little boost.  ;D

Weed, Great post and I agree with a lot of it and the rest was some terrific BS ! everyone that post should be equal thats the point !

Weed, Great post and I agree with a lot of it and the rest was some terrific BS ! everyone that post should be equal thats the point !

now your implying that the mods r out to get one or more people who use this site more than others and i cant disagree more it would be insane for all of the junk people post on here to fly. believe it or not coaches refs and more importantly PLAYERS get on this site and shouldnt be subjected to the slander that people comonly post on here

Guest Robert Plant

now your implying that the mods r out to get one or more people who use this site more than others and i cant disagree more it would be insane for all of the junk people post on here to fly. believe it or not coaches refs and more importantly PLAYERS get on this site and shouldnt be subjected to the slander that people comonly post on here

He's not implying anything. Read Again.....

Guest BreakerCoach

I agree! Believe it or not no one should be subjected to "anyones" slander on this site!

Guest BreakerCoach

He's not implying anything. Read Again.....

Thanks ham

The softball section is much more controlled and I am OK with that but I let me ask this. If that happens here why is Coach Priced BASHED without end in the football section? I think it would be good if you guys would work on some consistency.

Different moderators in different sections. I believe that moderators can do any section but most stick to 1 section they are familiar with.

The softball section is much more controlled and I am OK with that but I let me ask this. If that happens here why is Coach Priced BASHED without end in the football section? I think it would be good if you guys would work on some consistency.

I try to stay pretty much on the SB board. The FB board seems to be a lot more malicious than this one, I'll agree. It appears to be the judgement of the moderators on each board. I have looked at some post on the FB, that I thought should be taken down, but didn't do it myself, because I would guess they have established a level of trash that is acceptable on that board, and the posters there, know what it is. So I let the mods on that board make decisions on what is and what is not acceptable. Sometimes I may be a little trigger happy, but I also get pm's asking me to intervene. Overall, though, I believe it has lead to a more harmonious board here. I won't always make the right decision, and everyone will not always be happy, but I do what I think is right.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124