BC Varsity

eagle12

Guest larry mcgee

The kid might be good enough to play or he might not i dont know becasue i havent seen him play enough but what i do know is that just because you play in the scrimmages does not mean you will play in the games. Every school plays kids to just get a look at them until basketball is over and they have their whole team. We will know a couple of weeks into the season who the big time players are

Guest Bulldog

I agree with buc3 if Dylan can preform he deserves a postion on varsity just like any other but i think that in the end if he ends up only getting say 20 AB's on varsity and he spends most of his time on the bench i think that would hurt him more that help....Playing time is the best way to build yourself and become the best you can. I personally don't know any of the freshman class but if there even close to the caliber of Hicks and Robertson BC will have a very bright future...I look forward to see how all this pans out.

It's amazing that Bridge City has a winning program after reading all the negativity coming from their "fans". It sounds like you don't care for your coach. He must be a decent coach because he has a winning program. You could have a "football" coach that doesn't really care that much and wastes the talent that you have.  ???

Guest Orangeboy

It's amazing that Bridge City has a winning program after reading all the negativity coming from their "fans". It sounds like you don't care for your coach. He must be a decent coach because he has a winning program. You could have a "football" coach that doesn't really care that much and wastes the talent that you have.  ???

Bridge City has won more games than any other team in the state the last 4 years.

I agree with buc3 if Dylan can preform he deserves a postion on varsity just like any other but i think that in the end if he ends up only getting say 20 AB's on varsity and he spends most of his time on the bench i think that would hurt him more that help....Playing time is the best way to build yourself and become the best you can. I personally don't know any of the freshman class but if there even close to the caliber of Hicks and Robertson BC will have a very bright future...I look forward to see how all this pans out.

I agree with you on putting a kid on varsity then he gets to sit the bench most of the time.  That is bad in any sport because it hurts a kids confidence in himself and certainly does not help them get better. 

I can't wait for baseball to get fully cranked up!  Good luck to all the BC teams!

You know, the issue with this could be coming from the older kids parents that think their son may get beat out of a spot on Varsity................and that goes back to the "put the best athletes on the field, regardless of what grade they are in" which looks like what Billy has done in the past.  I think whatever he feels like are the best will make the team, and that's what he gets paid for.  Season hasn't even had a good week of full practices yet has it...........Payton Place (BC)

That didn't take long to start blaming the coach,,   you need to start complaining about the field so the NEW school board will fix it

[/quote

The new school board?  Parents  and players need to get out there and help.  Most coaches take pride in their field and never would let it look like the BC field.

Guest Bulldog

GET OFF BILLY'S BACK! Check his record and I believe you will find that he has one of the highest winning percentages in the state.  Buna (only time) and Bridge City (2 out of 3) both to the state tournament under his coaching.

There is more to coaching than just winning... Keep that in mind.

BC has had alot of talented players in recent years that a blind man could coach them and win.

Im just trying to say theres alot more to it than winning.

thats probably because hes a freshman genius...he wouldnt be returning if this is his first year in hs now would he?

and the field is embarassing....but the guys that laid the new sod last year messed it up right before the season and then it got hot and baked all the mud and new grass couldnt grow through that hard pan....but its been adressed and is supposed to be fixed...but its ashame that a program w/ so much talent and ability has to play...on that

thats probably because hes a freshman genius...he wouldnt be returning if this is his first year in hs now would he?

and the field is embarassing....but the guys that laid the new sod last year messed it up right before the season and then it got hot and baked all the mud and new grass couldnt grow through that hard pan....but its been adressed and is supposed to be fixed...but its ashame that a program w/ so much talent and ability has to play...on that

I believe they are speaking of Jaden Dillon. 

Guest BC boy 17

the field actually looks pretty good this year...they did some work to it before the season

So Coach Bryant has his freshman nephew working with the varsity and no thinks this will go unnoticed?  In BC of all places? 

Frankly, I just hope it is fair for the kid.  If he's not the next big thing, then he will be spend the next 4 months hearing how "Well, you're uncle is the head coach...."  And, if he's not the next big thing, then maybe he should shine at the JV level then ease into the varsity role.  On the other hand, if he is the next big thing, then his play will take care of everything.  I just hope its not putting the kid in a bad place.

I'll leave the other debate (he's a good coach, he's a bad coach, he wins, a monkey could win, etc.) alone...just hope that Coach Bryant does right by his own kin....

Guest Bulldog

So Coach Bryant has his freshman nephew working with the varsity and no thinks this will go unnoticed?  In BC of all places? 

Frankly, I just hope it is fair for the kid.  If he's not the next big thing, then he will be spend the next 4 months hearing how "Well, you're uncle is the head coach...."  And, if he's not the next big thing, then maybe he should shine at the JV level then ease into the varsity role.  On the other hand, if he is the next big thing, then his play will take care of everything.  I just hope its not putting the kid in a bad place.

I'll leave the other debate (he's a good coach, he's a bad coach, he wins, a monkey could win, etc.) alone...just hope that Coach Bryant does right by his own kin....

Well said MIF04........

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124