Tramain Thomas: I'm a Hog!!

Guest Ozen

Arkansas needs cornerbacks in this recruiting class, and on Sunday night UA assistant Kirk Botkin landed one of the best.

Thomas is a big pickup at a 'eed position'for the Razorbacks

Winnie (Texas) East Chambers cornerback Tramain Thomas, 6-2, 180, 4.48, chose Arkansas over Arizona, Iowa State, Texas Tech and Baylor. Thomas is rated a three-star recruit by Rivals.com. He previously committed to Arizona.

"I'm a Hog," Thomas said Sunday night. "I told Coach Botkin when I was on my visit I was about 90 percent certain that is where I wanted to go. Tonight, I knew for sure I wanted to be a Hog. I called him, and he was excited."

Thomas visited Arkansas during the Jan. 25 weekend and said it wasn't just one thing that drew him to Arkansas.

"I just feel it's the best fit for me and my family," Thomas said. "I liked the coaching staff, tradition and the facilities. I was really impressed with Coach (Bobby) Petrino. They told me to be ready to play cornerback this fall."

There's several reasons why Thomas should be an impact freshman at Arkansas. In addition to playing a position Arkansas needs immediate help at, he has obvious talent to warrant such high expectations for him.

"I have good size," Thomas said. "I feel my height is an obvious advantage for me. I make plays and break on the ball well too. I have long arms and that gives me an advantage over the wide receivers."

Joe Chaisson was Thomas' host when he visited Arkansas. The former Beaumont (Texas) Westbrook standout helped sell Thomas on being a Razorback.

"He's from Beaumont," Thomas said. "He told me how it is at Arkansas. Coach Petrino really impressed me how he was recruiting me along with Coach Botkin. All the players were nice."

Thomas is the No. 21 commitment for the Razorbacks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami