WB Bruins 2008 Non-District Football Schedule

BearWolf

With the bid school/small school thing going on, is it really that important to win district(other than bragging rights)  or,  do we just need to be the highest finishing small school?

Playoff representatives are decided by the teams district records(of course), and their enrollment. Out of the four teams that qualify for the playoffs, the two schools with the largest enrollment will go Div. I. Subsequently, the two schools with the smallest enrollment will go Div. II.

Soulja

Take up for your boy if you must, but he's got no reason to be running down C Michaael and C Lewis.    Heck, I think Ozen had SIX yards of offense when we played them.   Better stick to basketball.

ozens defense had 6 turnovers that game and held whats suppossed to be the best RB in texas to 13 yards..........ooooooooooooo what a running back

When Cavness hired Stump, he insisted that Stump schedule these kind of opponents, and this will surely help WB get to the level they are capable of playing at.

Cavness had (now has) absolutely nothing to do with a football decision made by Stump......period.  He's not even at West Brook anymore......

And the decision to have ozen and central on the schedule comes from BISD.....their in stone.....

Don't worry, it's going to be like it used to be and suposed to be.  Brook starting off 0-2 to 'watered down' 4a teams.  Aldine, Katy and Westfield will be licking their chops to send you into district 0-5!  lol.  Just playing.  Yall may give Aldine a run for their money! 

like it use to be??........it is now like it use to be......Central fans scratching their heads wondering why they didn't just stay at home and watch 'the tailgate party'..........

The point I was trying to make was that when Cavness was interviewing for a coach, that he wanted someone who wanted to play state caliber teams, and thats what WB got, it took some doing but now with a small district WB can play more preseason games

I think, in the long run, it will work out and we will benefit from playing a preseason like we will see next year. But believe me when I tell you, Stump did not set out to schedule those teams we will play in preseason. We kind of got stuck with having to schedule them, as most schools start district play in Week 4. We kind of had to take what we could get. It just so happens that it was Katy, and Ike, and Westfield.....and only because they are also in small districts like ours. I think we will make the most of this opportunity, and eventually, it will make us a stronger football team.....cause I gotta tell you, with the exception of North Shore, West Brook has probably the toughest preseason schedule in the state. It will either make us or break us! I think it will make us. ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba