Barbers Hill's Price One Of The Finalists For Lake Travis Job

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the two stooges should cease to exist. Once again and as purple said Price made a lot from a very little you have to give him credit for that whether you like his personality or not doesnt belong on this thread or website at all for that matter. Go to the barber shop to talk about irrelevant stuff such as that.

bh89-2 and BHFAN you guys are not very smart...Did you all even play sports?

I believe the answer to that is obvious. 

bh89-2  , you make very little sense.  Only the people in your tight ( small ) circle understand your thought's.   

Exactly.  Interesting that you chose the word "small" in referring to bh89-2.  ;D ;D ;D

...it isn't the BH people (who) bash BH and Price.  It is the stooges minus there other counter-part.  I can only imagine who these two guys blame when their kids don't succeed in anything. 

I think the two stooges should cease to exist.

It's good to see that BH followers (along with most everyone else here) see these two for who they are. 

They have never played the game and don't understand the game, especially bh89-2.  They have no idea how ridiculous they look (based on their history of posts on this and other sites).  Their disdain for certain people and programs cloud any sensible reasoning they could potentially have.     

It's like dealing with a couple of two-year olds. 

Wow you guys are like a bunch of crying girls WAH WAH WAH ;D And all so tough with the name calling (Big behind the keyboard arent we)

Why is it so impossible to understand someones want for there Team to go to the next level? This is a football thread not all sports, so we are discussing football! All other sports at BH do very well and are not part of this discussion.

The fact is that BH has been out played in the playoffs! Back in 99 BH went to round three since then not even close! After playing a weak team in round one of the playoffs we get killed! This isn't about talent and you are blind if you think Kirbyville had better talent than BH the two years they were knocked out of the playoffs by them. The list goes on and on,but you super football genuises will beg to differ.

Don't tell me about records either BH has played in the weakest 3A and 4A districts and 10-0 dont mean nothing!

Do all of you "BH Supports" realy want to stay where we are or do you want to climb to the next level? I say after 9 years this program is going to stay where its at and to go to the next level then there needs to be a change. I for one do not want to be watching other teams in the playoffs after week 2 twenty years from now.

Oh and GRIFF Bite me my by polar friend ;D

BHFAN your going to get on here and say that BH had better talent than Beaumont Central 2 years ago.  If you believe that then your badly mistaken.  As for getting beat by weaker talent ,  every team that gets in the playoffs is there because they can play.  Upsets happen , but in the end it is the kids that play the game and they must take some of the responsibility.  I still believe that the staff at BH is one of the best staffs in area.  Ask any coach around and they will tell you that BH does more with less than most do with more talent.  But in the end you are entitled to your opinion, your crazy ideas, and your wishes.  I though am entitled to mine and I believe Price is one heck of a coach and would have been proud to have my sons play under him.

BHFAN your going to get on here and say that BH had better talent than Beaumont Central 2 years ago.  If you believe that then your badly mistaken.  As for getting beat by weaker talent ,  every team that gets in the playoffs is there because they can play.  Upsets happen , but in the end it is the kids that play the game and they must take some of the responsibility.  I still believe that the staff at BH is one of the best staffs in area.  Ask any coach around and they will tell you that BH does more with less than most do with more talent.  But in the end you are entitled to your opinion, your crazy ideas, and your wishes.  I though am entitled to mine and I believe Price is one heck of a coach and would have been proud to have my sons play under him.

Oldman, you're debating someone who has an inflated opinion of how good BH really was over the last few years.  BH had SOME success since '99, but they really were only a modestly good team over that span.  They gave a great effort in the playoff loss to Beaumont Central, and many were surprised that BH took them to the wire, but talent eventually won that game.  BH followers should have been impressed with what Price and his staff brought to that game.  The Kirbyville losses (at least ONE of them) could have gone either way.  BH has not established themselves as a program (at least not yet) that has the personnel to be at or near the top of their district EVERY year, but somehow in the minds of these two armchair QBs they just can't believe it.  Keep in mind, BHFAN and bh89-2 did not play football, but they are the "experts" behind the keyboard. 

If Price is a finalist for the Lake Travis job, which is an attractive job that many have applied for, then that speaks a high compliment for the man.   

Oldman, you're debating someone who has an inflated opinion of how good BH really was over the last few years.  BH had SOME success since '99, but they really were only a modestly good team over that span.  They gave a great effort in the playoff loss to Beaumont Central, and many were surprised that BH took them to the wire, but talent eventually won that game.  BH followers should have been impressed with what Price and his staff brought to that game.  The Kirbyville losses (at least ONE of them) could have gone either way.  BH has not established themselves as a program (at least not yet) that has the personnel to be at or near the top of their district EVERY year, but somehow in the minds of these two armchair QBs they just can't believe it.  Keep in mind, BHFAN and bh89-2 did not play football, but they are the "experts" behind the keyboard. 

If Price is a finalist for the Lake Travis job, which is an attractive job that many have applied for, then that speaks a high compliment for the man.   

Griff I don't know where you get your info. , but again you are dead wrong Myself and BH-89 Have played football unlike yourself! Just keep preaching on the radio and leave the discussions to us ;D  You speak of having an inflated opinion of your team while you think WOS is going to state every year when in reality they can't get out of the region and probably never will ;D You know NOTHING about BH all someone had to do is read your last post!

Griff I don't know where you get your info. , but again you are dead wrong Myself and BH-89 Have played football unlike yourself! Just keep preaching on the radio and leave the discussions to us ;D  You speak of having an inflated opinion of your team while you think WOS is going to state every year when in reality they can't get out of the region and probably never will ;D You know NOTHING about BH all someone had to do is read your last post!

how can you say he knows nothing when in reality he realizes BH has NO talent and Price is still putting together legitimate teams. Your getting pretty ridiculous.

Hey BhFan why dont you and 89-2 come to the basketball game tuesday when we play yall?

Come on now Barbers Hillbilly be a good sport and stick to bashing your own team, not the Mustangs.   You should be praising Price for what he has done with so little talent.  How many D-1 players has BH had come through in the Price era?  As a matter of fact, how many college players at any level have been through in the Price era?  Despite the lack of superior talent, he continues to win year in and year out.  A word to the wise, be careful what you wish for because you may actually get it!!

Oh, by the way WOS 4AAAA Region Champs in 2000 and 3AAA Region Champs in 2005!! 

We have to pick up the crawfish and banners for our New Coach welcoming party.......... ;D ;D ;

Shush and come to the game and lets talk fishing and who knows Michael may unleash one of them award winning picks on a Eagle. LOL Should have seen the one in Crosby and one last week at Smiley. Solid brutha and why I am posting here in the football fourm.  ;D

Well, I'm happy to analyze and confirm what I've said and to once again point out how wrong and ridiculous you are.

1) BH teams were only MODESTLY good after the '99 season...true.

2) You have an inflated opinion of BH football…true.

3) They did not have as much talent as Beaumont Central the year they lost to them in the playoffs...true.

4) At least ONE of BH’s losses to Kirbyville could have gone either way…true.

5) BH does not have the personnel to be at or near the top of their district EVERY YEAR…true. 

6) BHFAN and bh89-2 have never played football…sorry, I didn’t know you two had a Playstation and a John Madden game.  ;D ;D ;D   

As for Coach Price, it says a lot for the man if he a finalist for the Lake Travis job.  Lake Travis is a well respected school.  At this stage in the hiring process, I'm sure they've done their homework by checking into Price's background, talked to his coaching peers, BH school officials, etc.  Even if you don't like him, did you ever think that maybe they know more about the man than you do?  A lot of coaches have been dismissed from consideration for the Lake Travis job, but if Coach Price is still in the hunt, then that speaks highly of him and your opinion is in the minority.  If he goes to Lake Travis, he will have a better talent base to work with and might even bring home a state title.  It seems that anything short of winning a state title is all that impresses you (the same way you look at WO-S).   

Your quotes…

1) “You think WO-S is going to state every yearâ€â€¦no matter how many times I correct you on this, you keep bringing it up.  I have NEVER said WO-S is going to state, and I have readily admitted when another team is better than us.  Dude, for once in your life, can you get this one right?  If you want, go back and read my history of posts.  I never said it, and I don’t think it. 

2) “Keep preaching on the radioâ€â€¦this one comes from left field.  You may have checked with Coop on this one, but don’t depend on what he says.  I’ve only met him twice.  He barely knows me.  You’re totally off. 

It's really no big deal, but I happen to know a little more about you and your fishing buddy than either one of you know about me.  On issues of football, it’s obvious MANY people on this message board know more about the game and coaching than you.  Like I’ve said before, you and Jody should stick to fishing or find another hobby that doesn’t make you look so ridiculous. 

I for one played in the Skidmore and Magallion years. During that time one of the coaches would run the play to the left and if it didn't work he ran it to the right. Skidmore step down do to personal reasons. I respected Skidmore as a coach. I attended the board meeting expecting to hear Price named as Skidmores replacement instead we got handled a bad apple in Magillion. This is not what a Senior in highshcool wanted to have as his last coach. Through the years Price has been the best thing that has happened to BH in the last 15 years. Yes their were times when I thought his stay was over do. But he has done wonders with a bunch of not so talent deep kids. Now since little Price (OC) has left it will be nice to see the play calling change on offense. I say give him another 2 years and lets see.

how can you say he knows nothing when in reality he realizes BH has NO talent and Price is still putting together legitimate teams. Your getting pretty ridiculous.

BH has no talent....I'd beg to differ !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami