Kevin Bland          23pts, 3 blocks, 5 steals, 2 assists, 18 rebounds

Matt Manning        8pts, 1 steal, 4 assists, 7 rebounds

Dalton Estes        6pts, 7 rebounds

Keeton Addison    3pts, 1 steal, 3 rebounds

Ronnie Anglin        3pts, 1 steal, 4 assists, 2 rebounds

Colby Caswell        2pts, 3 blocks, 3 steals, 2 assists

Howard Stansbury  2 pts

Great Game We are proud of our Pirates

First let me catch my breath, what an awesome game, congrats to BOTH teams for putting on a great show.  Hardin is the real deal, well Coached, excellent ball players, a very good TEAM.  Deweyville had their chances, after trailing most of regulation by 10 pts, they made a furious 4th qtr comeback to force OT.  In the 1st OT Deweyville had a chance for the win, leading by 3 pts with time running out and Hardin hit a 3 pointer at the end of the 1st OT to tie it and send the game to double OT.  In the 2nd OT when Bland fouled out it seemed like all the air came out of Deweyville, and Hardin took over to close out the game and get a hard fought victory over Deweyville.  Again, congrats to BOTH teams, good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

It was a good game. All of Bland's points came from put-backs. Marsh and Villamez shut him down. Jackson did a good job of penetrating the 2-3 zone and making things happen. Hardin really needs to do a better job getting back on defense and setting up. But good job Hardin, keep rolling.

23 pts and 18 rebounds, I hope every team shuts Bland down like that !

It was a good game. All of Bland's points came from put-backs. Marsh and Villamez shut him down. Jackson did a good job of penetrating the 2-3 zone and making things happen. Hardin really needs to do a better job getting back on defense and setting up. But good job Hardin, keep rolling.

23 pts and 18 rebounds, I hope every team shuts Bland down like that !

I think the point that HD was trying to make was that when Bland got the ball passed to him, Marsh/Villemez shut him down (could not score in the normal offensive flow).  Bland made the second chance points count.  It is hard to shut a talented player down completely in all aspects of the game so could it be safe to say that the Marsh/Villemez tandem shut him down, but couldn't stop him on rebounding?  I mean..18 rebounds...that is an excellent game rebounding.  However, a talented player has to do whatever it takes to help his team win so Bland adapted to the game well.  Nevertheless, it sounded like a great game between two good teams.

yes i would have 2 agree it was a very good game but in my opion marsh dominated bland, dont get me wrong bland is a very good player...he blocked bland shot twice and got 2 dunks and hornets rebounded well..nolan also hit some outside shots for the hornets,everyone helped in the win against the pirates even the freshman stepped it up...i think # 10 davis the pg i think it was his first game back and i think he did pretty well he hit the three 2 tie the game up in the first overtime to go into double over time and after that the hornets started 2 roll.... :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83