3..Little Cypress-Mauriceville….Solid returning squad

4..Westbrook..must reload in tough district

5..Port Neches-Groves…need to find a No.2

6..Vidor..throwback of baseball

7..Bridge City…can hit with anyone

8..Kelly.. 90 on the bump

9..Nederland….time to step up

10..Woodville..can they compete again.

Honorable Mention……Hardin-Jefferson, Hamshire-Fannett, Buna, Ozen, Silsbee and Orangefield

Guest first base

This is my Top Ten (if we lined 'em up played) :

1- West Brook - 5A shear numbers

2- PNG - Coaching and talent

3- Vidor - see above

4- LCM - same

5- Nederland - will be better than everyone expects

6- Bridge City - has the arms

7- Kelly - 1,2 punch !

8- Hardin Jefferson - Senior line-up

9- Ozen - this is their year

10- Jasper - strong in their class

This is my Top Ten (if we lined 'em up played) :

1- West Brook - 5A shear numbers

2- PNG - Coaching and talent

3- Vidor - see above

4- LCM - same

5- Nederland - will be better than everyone expects

6- Bridge City - has the arms

7- Kelly - 1,2 punch !

8- Hardin Jefferson - Senior line-up

9- Ozen - this is their year

10- Jasper - strong in their class

I think your list might be missing someone.  ??? ???

Guest first base

Eagle,

I guess you mean Barbers Hill.

I never see them play. I consider them more of a Houston team.

But I hear the Hales kid is one of best anywhere.

Eagle,

I guess you mean Barbers Hill.

I never see them play. I consider them more of a Houston team.

But I hear the Hales kid is one of best anywhere.

Fair enough...we are a 'tweener'...not sure if we are Houston or SETX, or both.

Hales is the real deal...the others aren't too shabby, either.

If you like high school baseball and get a chance, come check us out this year. I think you'll like what you see.

Texas Baseball News Released it Polls. 

SE Texas Teams in the top 25

5A

No SE Texas Teams Represented

4A

1. Corpus Christi Moody

2. Barbers Hill

3. Mesquite Poteet

4. Austin Lake Travis

5. Waxahachie

6. Highland Park

7. McKinney

8. Arlington Heights

9. Austin McCallam

10.  LC-M

3A

1. Sinton

2. Jasper

3. Snyder

4. Cuero

5. Gilmer

6. Lufkin Hudson

7. Rio Hondo

8. Pleasanton

9. Falfurrias

10. Decatur

15. Bridge City

2A

1. Nacagdoches Central Heights

2. Buna

3. Salado

4. Brock

5. Harleton

6. Gunter

7. Holliday

8. Abernathy

9. Shallow Water

10. Blanco

15. Hemphill

17. Woodville

1A

No Rankings

Texas Baseball News Released it Polls.   

SE Texas Teams in the top 25

5A

No SE Texas Teams Represented

4A

1. Corpus Christi Moody

2. Barbers Hill

3. Mesquite Poteet

4. Austin Lake Travis

5. Waxahachie

6. Highland Park

7. McKinney

8. Arlington Heights

9. Austin McCallam

10.  LC-M

3A

1. Sinton

2. Jasper

3. Snyder

4. Cuero

5. Gilmer

6. Lufkin Hudson

7. Rio Hondo

8. Pleasanton

9. Falfurrias

10. Decatur

15. Bridge City

2A

1. Nacagdoches Central Heights

2. Buna

3. Salado

4. Brock

5. Harleton

6. Gunter

7. Holliday

8. Abernathy

9. Shallow Water

10. Blanco

15. Hemphill

17. Woodville

1A

No Rankings

What exactly is Texas Baseball News ? Is this associated w/ the coaches convention that is in Waco right now ?  Or Becker's Inside Prep ?

[quote name="heavyhitter" post="315740" timestamp="1200376582"]
later in the season is there going to be a small school and a big school rankings?
[/quote]

I like the idea, but we need help. Below are teams we have under the 3A ranks. Shoot me a PM or post a few contacts that would be willing to rank these teams with a fair and open mind. Maybe a sportswriter who covers, or just a baseball person that would like to help.

23-2A District Records

Woodville Eagles (12-2)
Newton Eagles (3-10)

24-2A District Records

Buna Cougars (11-1)
Anahuac Panthers (7-5)
Kountze Lions (6-5)
East Chambers Buccaneers (4-7)
Warren Warriors (4-7)
Hardin Hornets (5-7)
Deweyville Pirates (3-8)

24-1A District Records

Colmesneil Bulldogs (11-2)

25-1A District Records

Evadale Rebels (9-1)
High Island Cardinals (9-1)
Sabine Pass Sharks (6-4)
Hull-Daisetta Bobcats (3-7)
Spurger Pirates (2-8)
West Hardin Oilers (1-9)

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in.

1. Barbers Hill- Heard they had a move in that would make anything less than a state title a big, big let down.

2. Westbrook- To much of a talent pool in Beaumont to choose from for the smaller schools in the area.

3. Jasper- Many from the state title team returns so they should be this high until they prove otherwise.

4. Vidor- You can call me a little biased if you want, but IMO we have the best "team" in our district.  Maybe not individual player but "team".

5. PNG- Eric Harrington sets the tone.  And it is loud.

6. LCM- They won district last year, but I don't think they have the pitching to repeat.

7. Bridge City- With Matt Hicks in 3A he will be dominate.  Personally would like to see him against better competition.

8. Nederland- Will have the best athletes as always, but just to much spring football going on over there.

9. HF-  I see these guys suprising some people in that district.  Landry is to good of a coach to have two down years in a row.

10. Ozen- Pitching seems to keep them in every game.  Play a little defense and you are in the hunt.

1. Barbers Hill- Heard they had a move in that would make anything less than a state title a big, big let down.

2. Westbrook- To much of a talent pool in Beaumont to choose from for the smaller schools in the area.

3. Jasper- Many from the state title team returns so they should be this high until they prove otherwise.

4. Vidor- You can call me a little biased if you want, but IMO we have the best "team" in our district.  Maybe not individual player but "team".

6. LCM- They won district last year, but I don't think they have the pitching to repeat.

7. Bridge City- With Matt Hicks in 3A he will be dominate.  Personally would like to see him against better competition.

8. Nederland- Will have the best athletes as always, but just to much spring football going on over there.

9. HF-  I see these guys suprising some people in that district.  Landry is to good of a coach to have two down years in a row.

10. Ozen- Pitching seems to keep them in every game.  Play a little defense and you are in the hunt.

No move-in @ BH. Just a rumor.

I dont see vidor or png over lcm. All png has is harrington. Vidor is good and i think that they will make the playoffs again.

But LCM returns a team full of pitchers, the only person lost was adam leggett.  They return tim barry, pizza man brown, matt johnson, ben jones, and if cloreon is 100% he could be one of the best around!

I dont see vidor or png over lcm. All png has is harrington. Vidor is good and i think that they will make the playoffs again.

But LCM returns a team full of pitchers, the only person lost was adam leggett.  They return tim barry, pizza man brown, matt johnson, ben jones, and if cloreon is 100% he could be one of the best around!

I think ozen should be put in the rankings with lcm, they have 7 returning starters in which all are seniors and more pitching

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder