Ozen vs. Yates/Who Would Win Right Now?

OK, so beating the Miami Heat THIS year carries as much weight as beating them in 2005?  How about beating the Celtics last year, compared to beating them THIS year?  It's ALL relative.  Oak Hill IS NOT THAT GOOD, folks...Niether was St. Patricks....BUT....I said it once, and I will say it again....YATES does NOT impress me at all.  I guarantee they do not GET OUT OF REGION 3....chuuuuuch!

You can't sue an NBA reference...  Highschool is far from the same ever year...  Players graduate every year and move on...  In the NBA you can keep Dwayne Wade and his side kick for way longer than 4 years....  And High school players are still devloping into men....  And you cannot stock pile talent in highschool.. Completely limited crop, completely absurd analogy!!!

Tabernalce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Guest DickVitale

If anything THAT strengthens my argument.  YES, high schools change from year to year, NBA teams are supposed to stay the same year in and year out even though they surely do not.  Beating Oak Hill or St. Patricks this year gets you no props because they are NOT THAT GOOD, nor does it get you a shot at a state title.  CHUUUUUCH!

Dick, that was a dumb comparison.  Dude, who cares about the name (Oak Hill Academy), they beat the USA Today #1 St. Patrick and #9 Oak Hill Academy in successive nights.  That says it all, they beat some of the best the nation has to offer, and I guarntee that if Ozen would have done it you would be screaming from the high heavens.  This is Dickie's drink of choice: haterade.jpg

And BTW, its not very becoming of a coach to say another team in your own region that you might play isn't very good.  Some times your comments just amaze me.  Maybe before you press POST, you might want to read what you wrote and realize who you respresent.

Guest DickVitale

I gotta run, but to quote the late Pimp C again..."That ( concerning the Yates team) is MY opinion!! I am entitled to my opinion, you may not like it or agree, but it's MY OPINION! That's how I feel!" I did not say they were not very good, I said I was not impressed with Yates... BTW, I FORGOT more basketball than most of you on here will ever even know in this lifetime, and I have been around this game MY ENTIRE life, so I think I know a little something about it...Think about that one for a second...Gotta go....CHUUUUUUUCH!

And I will add this, if you have to let people know on a message board how much basketball knowledge you have, then your not that impressive of a individual or coach.  And your correct, you have the right to your opinion, but as coach, some things publicly should be left unspoken.  And one last thing, YOUR resume speaks for itself.  And I will leave it at that....  Keep living the (CRAZY) dream, brother!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

Hey thanks for the tidbit, but, I don't need it...You don't know anything about me so leave it at that...These (message boards) are supposed to be fun and you are turning it into something else ...It is ALL in fun....Like I said You DONT know me, or anything about me, some leave it at that.....brother.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, first your the smartest guy in the room and we don't know anything about the game compared to you (inessence calling us basketball idiots), but not its all in good fun.  Its either one way or the other.  And for you to talk about other teams and how they won't make it out of their Region isn't exactly in GOOD OLE FUN either. 

And BTW, what I said was true, your resume speaks for itself not your mouth.  Which is true in every walk of life.  Talk is cheap!!!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

If I stepped on your toe then say ouch, please.....If you read what I said I said MOST OF YOU ON HERE, which by reading other posts, is fairly accurate.  That is no attack, its just the truth.  People on here that actually KNOW me will tell you that, besides I don't bite my tongue for anyone.  I have fun on here, and really try to educate people as much as I can...Call me arrogant? So what, its the truth. NO knock on anyone..I am SUPPOSED to know more than people on here who are not in the profession, and MOST on here are not.

Guest DickVitale

I guess it is all relative because I have seen them when they were REALLY good.  Since I KNOW that they are not what they used to be, it may be the reason why they did not impress me much at all.  On the other hand, If you don't know much about the programs, then they may look great to some, but not to me. Yates does not impress me either, and I watched them again Wednesday night, and they struggled against a very average Houston Waltrip team, which I do realize can sometimes happen. They are no pushover, by no stretch of the imagination, but they are very beatable, even on a their best nights. One game at a time, though...Central is on deck.

[quote name="DickVitale" post="313850" timestamp="1200036308"]
I guess it is all relative because I have seen them when they were REALLY good.  Since I KNOW that they are not what they used to be, it may be the reason why they did not impress me much at all.  On the other hand, If you don't know much about the programs, then they may look great to some, but not to me. Yates does not impress me either, and I watched them again Wednesday night, and they struggled against a very average Houston Waltrip team, which I do realize can sometimes happen. They are no pushover, by no stretch of the imagination, but they are very beatable, even on a their best nights. One game at a time, though...Central is on deck.
[/quote]

When were they really good? Jessie Duffield era? (late)William "Toothpick" Johnson, or maybe (name slips my mind but played at U of H post Phi Slama Jama.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed