Top 3 teams in 22-3a?

twobag

• 3 weeks later...

why is kingwood park obviously in?? i dont understand that because nobody really knows anything about them

Only thing they have is a great Coach Buddy Thames other than that not much.

Guest rambleonus

I think K-Park will be in only because all the other K-Park teams have or will make the playoffs in the other sports.  V-Ball made it. Girls Basketball is leading the district.  Boys basketball is in 3rd place right now and should beat Tarkington tonight to wrap it up.  K-Park is one of the leaders in district 20-4a in both Boys and Girls Soccer.  They finished 2nd in 20-4a in swimming for both boys and girls.  All the boys in baseball have been in the Kingwood system which has produced champions almost every year.  But they are only Freshman and Sophomores, that could be the difference.

I think K-Park will be in only because all the other K-Park teams have or will make the playoffs in the other sports.  V-Ball made it. Girls Basketball is leading the district.  Boys basketball is in 3rd place right now and should beat Tarkington tonight to wrap it up.  K-Park is one of the leaders in district 20-4a in both Boys and Girls Soccer.  They finished 2nd in 20-4a in swimming for both boys and girls.  All the boys in baseball have been in the Kingwood system which has produced champions almost every year.  But they are only Freshman and Sophomores, that could be the difference.

(Girls Basketball is leading the district).  Are they in a different district than the boys are in.....cause I would have thought that Cleveland would be leading the district, since they haven't lost a district game..

I think the "known" favorites have to be Splendora, Tarkington and Liberty but the reason that everyone is giving Kingwood Park the benefit of the doubt is that they have been competitive in all sports that they have played in at the 3A level - also just the fact that Kingwood area has been known for good baseball teams for a long time now.

Splendora - I think they lost the fireball pitcher from last year and if they did they will have to replace him as they seemed to struggle with their other pitchers;

Tarkington - was solid last year but failed to score runs agianst talented pitchers but I think they are returning a lot of players;

Liberty - should be solid defensively but their pitching will be somewhat new as the pitchers that pitched 90% of the innings last year are gone and new pitchers will have to step up;

Kingwood Park - thile they are the "Unknown" of the district just my guess is that they will be in the top 3 somewhere just due to their numbers - even if they are young.

That is my take - and its worth what was paid for it - absolutely zero  8)

Tarkington, Liberty, Splendora or Kingwood Park.

Tarkington lost a very good pitcher last year  Chase Evans. They still have Brewer, Smelley, Miller,and a few others.

Splendora lost a very good pitcher Parker.  Splendora still has Ryan Shoquist(Pitcher), Trey Gill that can play any position (even Pitcher ), Kris Usher is good in the outfield, Camp, Cherry.

Kingwood Park will have good players.

Liberty had a good team last year. They should still have good players left.

About the Basketball season it is not in the bag yet for Kingwood Park. They still have to Beat Splendora for the third spot if they lose the game on Feb 12 there will be a tie for third. Splendora will have to win the next 2 out of 3 games for that to happen.

Lets see........

Park finished-

first in volleyball

first in girls cc

second in boys cc

first in girls bball standings (currently)(today is last game of season)

second in boys bball standings(currently)

they can probably play a lil baseball.

Anyways...that being said, I wouldnt be too suprised if some REAL 3a schools pulled some upsets over them in district. I think that Shepherd will be alot better than last year.

But again, I see it finishing something like this...(ro real order)

1. Tarkington

2. Liberty

3. Park/Shepherd/Splendora

-hey coach sadler-

Some people seem to be lost...this is a BASEBALL, talk more baseball please. Plus saying that a girls cross country team winning first in district means the baseball team will mean playoffs? Tell me where the relevance is there? I guess the next thing will be the Houston Comets won the WNBA Championship, so the Houston Texans will make the playoffs...spare me. Tell me a real reason why they will make playoffs, such as the returning players, what they did last year, who they have scheduled.

Lets see........

Park finished-

first in volleyball

first in girls cc

second in boys cc

first in girls bball standings (currently)(today is last game of season)

second in boys bball standings(currently)

they can probably play a lil baseball.

Anyways...that being said, I wouldnt be too suprised if some REAL 3a schools pulled some upsets over them in district. I think that Shepherd will be alot better than last year.

But again, I see it finishing something like this...(ro real order)

1. Tarkington

2. Liberty

3. Park/Shepherd/Splendora

-hey coach sadler-

k-park is third in basketball...c-springs beat 'em and cleveland beat em twice. 

Horndawg - in this instance you cannot bring up returning players as this is their 1st year playing baseball.  Also, the reason to bring up other sports is to address One main issue - quality of the overall program.  And I have to say that since they have been competitive in all sports that you cannot leave them out of consideration for a playoff spot in baseball.

My top 4 will still be Tarkington, Liberty, Splendora and Kingwood Park (the unknown team)  8)

Horndawg - in this instance you cannot bring up returning players as this is their 1st year playing baseball.  Also, the reason to bring up other sports is to address One main issue - quality of the overall program.  And I have to say that since they have been competitive in all sports that you cannot leave them out of consideration for a playoff spot in baseball.

My top 4 will still be Tarkington, Liberty, Splendora and Kingwood Park (the unknown team)  8)

your a good man oldtimer...u know what i was talking about...

Guest rambleonus

Some people seem to be lost...this is a BASEBALL, talk more baseball please. Plus saying that a girls cross country team winning first in district means the baseball team will mean playoffs? Tell me where the relevance is there? I guess the next thing will be the Houston Comets won the WNBA Championship, so the Houston Texans will make the playoffs...spare me. Tell me a real reason why they will make playoffs, such as the returning players, what they did last year, who they have scheduled.

I think KP girls CC won the 3a state championship or 1 girl finished first in state....not sure but I agree unless the girls CC team comes out for baseball there is not much relevance.

Guest rambleonus

I think K-Park will surprise some folks in baseball.  I think they should get the 3rd spot.  Unfortunate for them they were put in 19-4a for next year which has Dayton in football and Barbers Hill in baseball.

yeah i think kp will probably make the top 3 in baseball also. but for next year that district is going to be tough to pull out a top 4 position to make the playoffs. peronally i think that 4a should have just kept it 3 teams instead of 4 because the playoffs will be huge now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed