Teams to watch out for in 2008.

Who do you think will have the best team in S.E.T. next year?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will have the best team in S.E.T. next year?

• w.o.s.
    • hamshire fannet
    • l.c.m.
    • lumberton
    • co. wilson
    • bridge city

C.O. Wilson for sure.  8th grade was undefeated this year and the group behind them will do the same.  Don't count out CMS, Nederland has some great athletes.

As far as BC, this group is not that strong.  The group ahead of them are very strong.

C.O. Wilson for sure.  8th grade was undefeated this year and the group behind them will do the same.  Don't count out CMS, Nederland has some great athletes.

As far as BC, this group is not that strong.  The group ahead of them are very strong.

I wouldn't be underdawging these young cards in thier athletics program they are bustin thier buts every day in athletics.And wile other schools are sitting on thier tails doing nothing they are getting a stronger program.Trust me those 8th grade coches know how to turn a football team around.And man what are you talking about you have to be a power house to beat all the teams they beat,they were the smallest team in thier district,every other team had size advantage against them thats saying something.

Exactly what BIG teams did the BC 7th graders beat this year?  What was their record?  I hope your 7th graders can do as well as the 8th graders.  They were undefeated for 2 years from what I hear.  They have some power houses in that 8th grade group.  Big shoes to fill.

Nederland has a strong athletic program and always does, year after year.  C.O. is always good.  No doubt about it.  C.O. all the way.

Exactly what BIG teams did the BC 7th graders beat this year? What was their record? I hope your 7th graders can do as well as the 8th graders. They were undefeated for 2 years from what I hear. They have some power houses in that 8th grade group. Big shoes to fill.

Nederland has a strong athletic program and always does, year after year. C.O. is always good. No doubt about it. C.O. all the way.

They went 5 and 4 in district.K let me see lets start with every game they lost was at least by 2 or 3 td"s.And let me add this have you ever watched bridge citys 7th this year?Well lets talk about other teams sizes that they lost against,HAMSHIRE FANNET they had a running back that was bigger than any bridge city player and they had a pertty big linebacker core,WEST ORANGE-STARK they just beat bridge city in size all around,had a running back that was 6"2 and linemen were over rated.K-VILLE was a good offense and a solid defense cant beat that mixture.

I did not see BC's 7th or 8th graders play this year.  I have a son that played against BC when they were younger.  I remember those young men, but the ones that stand out were the 8th graders. 

Personally, I am not so sure if size or heart is the most important quality in football?  Believing you can beat any team is half the battle most of the time.  I hope your small 7th  graders grow to be able to compete with the larger opponents in your district, if that is reason they lost to those BIG teams.  I wish BC all the best.

Hopefully they can build a winning tradition like Nederland has. 

ok well let me say this the running back for H-F seventh grade i coached him for 2 years in youth ball oh and he was a linebacker to he is by for one of the best in the area the only other kid i know that holds a candle to him is the running back on the silsbee 8 grade team which the play against each other for two years strait in youth ball now the QB for H-F seventh grade is a heck of a player to and i will tell you that these kids on the H-F seventh game will make the horns well known and look out for these kids on the court two

By looking at this poll looks like BC 7th grade has been working very hard and will probaly be the best team in SETX next year

In both sports BC is dominating right now in basketball and looks to come back and get a V againts rival Orangefield

This is an very exicting group to watch including the 8th grade who has only lost one game in both sports.[color=red

GO BRIDGE CITY!!!!

ok oh the BC basket ball ok well lets see the are doing good but people need look down here in horn country the 7 garade basket ball team has lost 1 game with a last second shot from half court and i do have to say BC will go down to now on to football see what you fail to see is all i hear about is me me me from you Now for HF #35 is a great running back and they play as a team now your me me me team will never win agianst our 11 team mates

well dude that was not for you now i have done seen how its all about you and you think that you care that team i was a lone star allstar coach and i look back at the film and you good but i telling you if i played with you i would let them eat your lunh the way you are all about you you think if you miss a game they will lost dont you and were u in the back field for the orange county team that nat had 

• 1 month later...

Alrighty Now!!!

First off, I am new to this site (joined last week) and I am surprised at some of the stuff people post on here. The one good thing is I have not seen an "individual" talk trash/attack another "individual", but more just talking about a team in general. I hope, if you are an "adult" on this site and not one of the kids, that we could refrain from talking negative about any individual. I didn't really see any of this on particular posting but in other categories on this site it get pretty heated!!

Secondly, as you can tell from the user name, icon & if you watched any H-F 7th grade football this season, you will figure out that #35 is the running back, line backer & my son that everyone is referring too on this posting.

I had NO idea that Andrew was being mentioned on setxsports until last week, and I was looking/reading about something totally different and then found the "jr. high sports" section and read a posting where he was mentioned, and I was totally surprised.

As a parent I really appreciate the good comments that people have made about Andrew, and any of you that know him personally, knows that he works pretty hard to get to where he is at.

Lastly, I am a tad bit partial, but H-F 7th grade now, which will be 8th grade next year, should do nothing but get better. The talk around H-F is that this "group/team" is one of the best that H-F has seen in a long while.

This year they were "Co-District Champs" in football, "District Champs" in Basketball and they have a very good chance of winning district in track.

They have a great group of athletes and I hope they can carry this winning tradition on for years to come!!

Thanks to all & good luck!

take him out and the QB will take you in the air he is the same QB in the all star game and come watch him and there great basket ball team when they go to bc and winon the court to

I have to agree with Horn. There are some athletes coming thru H-F and in a few years will really enhance the program

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83