*HJ vs. EC Championship Game 6PM/EC WINS*

KFDM COOP

the fouls were a little out of hand but thats not what cost HJ the game they couldnt buy a bucket in the 2nd half and thats what cost them the game but im sure coach sutherland already has the boys getting ready for St. Thomas this loss doesnt hurt HJ if yall remember they lost to EC in their gym last year and i think HJ's season turned out all right soo lets move forward and not blame the refs because thats HJ's style they will foul more than the other team 85% of the time

Guest tigersvoice

it seems like every time the refs are HORRIBLE hj loses?!?!? they called maybe 10 on ec and 30 on hj. it was ridiculous

Yeah, I've noticed that too.  It's a strange phenominon here is Southeast Texas.  I think there should be an official OFFICIALS investigation everytime HJ loses.  The whole group

of refs must have it against the Hawks!  NOT ::)

What this also fails to mention is there would have been 6 more freethrows had HJ been able to hit the front end of the bonus.  I was really surprised that HJ self destructed after they got the lead late and EC really exposed  a weakness in HJ.  They did not handle the pressure well and then could not buy a free throw.  Either team could have won this game had they have shot better at the free throw line.  As an unbiased observer I thought the game was called very well, there were missed calls on both ends of the court, but overall a well officiated game.  EC does need to cut down on crazy unforced turnovers and realize that just because you break the press it does not mean you just have to throw up a shot.  It was one of the better games that I have seen in a while.

Oldtimer you are confused if you think that it was fairly called game.  If EC drove then a foul was called almost every time.  If HJ drove then it was a clean block or just a no call. 

I said last night that HJ lost it because of TO's and missed FT's....I still believe that!!!!

BUt to say it was a called very well is absolutely ridiculous!!!!  39 attempts to 9.  Even had HJ hit the front end of those 6 they still sould have had only 15 attempts. 

In my opinion Thomas is the best player in SE Texas!!!  But he has the "Jordan Rules"....he never gets anything called on him.

I will once again say that the team that wanted it more and executed better last night won the game.  The officials DID NOT lose the game for the Hawks!!!

Oldtimer you are confused if you think that it was fairly called game.  If EC drove then a foul was called almost every time.  If HJ drove then it was a clean block or just a no call. 

I said last night that HJ lost it because of TO's and missed FT's....I still believe that!!!!

BUt to say it was a called very well is absolutely ridiculous!!!!  39 attempts to 9.  Even had HJ hit the front end of those 6 they still sould have had only 15 attempts. 

In my opinion Thomas is the best player in SE Texas!!!  But he has the "Jordan Rules"....he never gets anything called on him.

I will once again say that the team that wanted it more and executed better last night won the game.  The officials DID NOT lose the game for the Hawks!!!

Lazeek is correct when he says that the officials did not lose the game for the Hawks, it is a team thing and missing shots/free throws can hurt you (see Hardin/Kountze game) but having been around Hardin sports going back to my high school days, EC does have the homecourt advantage when it comes to the officials.  It has always been that way ever since I can remember so it is old hat for me to hear that officials did this or that at EC. 

EC fans...please do not take this as a slight against your school because it is not.  During the same aforementioned years, EC has always had great athletes (something in the water  ;D) and  they are good and well-coached regardless of officiating.  I realize that I go out on a limb when I say this because I know someone will take offense, but EC and, lately, Buna have been bad spots to go to for a well officiated game.  This really disappoints me because why would a team as good as EC need "homer" officials??  Like I said, EC has some really good athletes and they are well coached to boot especially as they went really deep in the BBall playoffs last year (and I think the year before as well.)

That being said...I wish EC and HJ good luck in 2008!!!!

Every school has a home court advantage when it comes to officials.  You should always get more calls at home.  I was not saying that!!!!!!!  I was simply stating that HJ was getting called for fouls on the same thing that EC was doing and they were not calling it on EC.

Every school has a home court advantage when it comes to officials.  You should always get more calls at home.  I was not saying that!!!!!!!  I was simply stating that HJ was getting called for fouls on the same thing that EC was doing and they were not calling it on EC.

Except Warren,  we consistly get home-cooked in our own gym.    ;D

Laz...I only quoted you on what you said about the officials did not lose the game for HJ.  I merely added the team thing and missed shots/FTs.  I was the one, not you, who said that EC has the homecourt advantage in officiating.  It has been my experience through 20 years of being around Hardin sports.

Except Warren,  we consistly get home-cooked in our own gym.    ;D

Funny...but it does happen.  I have seen some fine refs and some horrible ones this year.  Here's hoping 2008 brings us some joy and some good officiating.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83