Hardin vs. Spurger Jan. 4th Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about matchups.Marsh and Whittacre are both top notch post guys and will just about take each other out.The difference I think will be Spurgers shooting guards,if they are on they shoot the ball better than Hardins.But the home court can cancel that out.This will be a good game to watch and will be a great game to get both clubs ready for the district grind.Spurgers fans need to get behind this club,they are pretty darn good and don't seem to be getting the support they deserve.

It's all about matchups.Marsh and Whittacre are both top notch post guys and will just about take each other out.The difference I think will be Spurgers shooting guards,if they are on they shoot the ball better than Hardins.But the home court can cancel that out.This will be a good game to watch and will be a great game to get both clubs ready for the district grind.Spurgers fans need to get behind this club,they are pretty darn good and don't seem to be getting the support they deserve.

Totally agree, have any ideas?

Wanted:  Spurger Fans

One free game admission, after attending one game, you'll see why you should have been supporting them all along.

I don't think the school would go for this one, but what can you do to get people to come to the games? 

I know last year when West Hardin was doing so well, they really had a great fan support, pretty crazy @ times.  But either @ home or away they were their to support their team.  This really makes a difference to players.  I know my son/player has made comments about their fan support.  He enjoys having a large crowd, and the more noise the better. 

I also am impressed w/ the support the Warren boys have.  Again, pretty crazy @ times.  Thank goodness the team can keep a level head & get the job done.  They really kept it together and done a great job @ our house this past weekend. 8) :)

I think it starts with the student body,get them involved and the parents will go just to see whats up.Once they follow this group they will come back.Heck I don't hardly know anyone in Spurger and I've seen them play 4 times this year just because I like good basketball.You would be amazed at the difference in the intensity if the Spurger folks would pack the gym.I hope for the seniors sake (Phillip and JT)they get behind this club because these 2 are solid players and good kids who deserve the community support.

Spurger has a great team and deserves the fan support.  The coach is excellent and could coach my kids anytime.  When Warren isn't playing I will be going to their games.  From what I have seen they have some parents that need to let their kids grow up.  As in the "Little Dribbler" syndrome.

Spurger has a great team and deserves the fan support.  The coach is excellent and could coach my kids anytime.  When Warren isn't playing I will be going to their games.  From what I have seen they have some parents that need to let their kids grow up.  As in the "Little Dribbler" syndrome.

Explain "Little Dribbler" syndrome to me.

Explain "Little Dribbler" syndrome to me.

"Little Dribbler Syndrome" is when the kids start playing basketball at a young age, usually through Little Dribblers, their coaches are usually the parents.  So when the kids get older and start playing for their respective school districts (usually in junior high), they still listen to their parents "coach" from the stands and the parents make sure their kids hear them.  It can be quite the distraction because if you are the actual coach and you are trying to tell them something in a huddle during a timeout and they look in the stands instead of listening to you.  I have seen players go straight to their parents during halftime when dismissed by their coaches to do the shootaround before the 2nd half begins.  This is presumably to tell their kids what to do during the game. 

Guest orangeman

I obviously haven't seen either team play this year, but am still pretty familiar with what both teams bring to the table. This is going to be a good game, but on the strength of Hardin's pressure, I'll pick them by 9.

the parents are behind spurger 100%, they are going to be there, it is just the students, if they would show up,get into the game,and show some school spirit, we could go off emotion. Even if the students dont show, the other fans there need to be stinking loud. that could help us greatly when we need to rally.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83