Mid Major Top 25

Guest abovetherim

[Sam Houston, UTA, and now SFA...but no LU???  Oh yeah, I forget, they are 'elite' basketball programs and we are second rate and shouldn't expect to be any good!!!!  http://www.collegeinsider.com/mmpoll/  >:( >:( >:(

Who said LU shouldn't expect to be any good? Coach Roc? Congratulations to those programs but none of them have the interest in the community that Lamar has.

If Lamar was 8-0 at this point in the season we would be averaging over 6,000. Those programs will be lucky to have 2,000.

well said

Who said LU shouldn't expect to be any good? Coach Roc? Congratulations to those programs but none of them have the interest in the community that Lamar has.

If Lamar was 8-0 at this point in the season we would be averaging over 6,000. Those programs will be lucky to have 2,000.

Hey Westendfirst,  do you hate lamar?

Not at all!!!!  I love LU.  I graduated from LU.  My wife graduated from LU.  I've followed the basketball program since 1977.  I was a season ticket holder from around 1985 - 2004.  My problem is I AM DISGUSTED!!!  I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING!!!  Like abtr said...if we were 8-0 we WOULD average 6,000 fans.  I've been in the Montagne with 8 and 9 thousand fans in there.  When we had good teams that could compete with anyone.  I've hung in there thru:  Tony Branch, Tom Abatemarco, Mike Newell (probably the best coach we've had since Foster), Grey Giovanine, Mike Deane (one of only two good hires ON PAPER that we've had since Foster.  And a little bit of research into his coaching style should have been a clear NO to offer him a job.), the return of Tubbs, and now Roccaforte. 

My problem is why in the world don't we hire a coach that's proven he can win.  I know we can't hire any of the big boys but we certainly can hire someone from NAIA, or a JUCO, or a small D-1 school.  We don't have to always hire a 'great recruiter' from a big school.  We need to hire someone that can coach!!!!  And I am arrogant enough (if you want to call it that) to believe that we have more to offer, and what should be a much better program, than NWSU or SHSU or SFA...yet they've all managed to hire and keep much better coaches than we get. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am sick an tired of seeing there success while we continue to try an convince ourselves that it's good to lose close games and it's ok to finish with just a winning record in conference.  LU should be in that mid major to 25 at least every once in a while if not every year.  If we continue to shoot for the toilet then that's where will land.  I AM DISGUSTED BEYOND BELIEF.  THERE WAS A DAY NOT TOO LONG AGO THAT I WOULD NEVER MISS A HOME GAME...BUT YOU CAN ONLY GO OUT AND WATCH US PLAY TERRIBLE BASKETBALL SO MUCH.

Additionally, there was a day when a lot of the students were proud to go to LU.  And proud of LU basketball.  When I was in school we would actually spend the night at the Montagne so we could get the best tickets for our whole fraternity.  We'd bring 50 or 60 people just from our fraternity.  Now when you go out there you see about 20 students.  Where is the support????  My guess is the students don't like to go out and watch mediocrity (and that may be generous given the fact we are ranked around 270 in the latest RPI"s) either.

So...am I negative toward the program???  I suppose so.  Do I hate LU???  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!  However...I do expect much more from the program.  I am tired of losing.  And I am tire of "well, lets give em a 3 or 4 years".  Ok, I'll give someone 3 or 4 years IF I see some signs of hope.  RIGHT NOW, I SEE NO SIGNS OF HOPE.  THE COACHES PICKED US TO WIN THE SLC AND WE CANNOT EVEN BEAT A D-1 TEAM???  WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU????  The other coaches think we have the talent to win but apparently our coach can't get the job done.  I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is.  And it will continue to be that way until we make a good hire.  Period.

Guest abovetherim

I don't moderate the other boards and I prefer the freedom to state your opinion without it deleted. Now, that does not mean I agree with your statement in any shape or form. However, I've learned the hard way not everyone thinks the way I do. Thank God they don't, or we would have worse problems than a basketball team not playing well.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124