How bout them Zebras?

After watching games at the Zavalla Tourney, I have started to question the quality of officials, that we have in this area....

I know there are some great officials, but sometimes the are null and void because they are teamed up with a horrible one...

I believe the best refs are the ones, when you dont even realize that they are there...

Dont anyone else have any input on the overall officiating this year....

TALK TO ME>>> lol

me and a co-worker were just discussing this and i have to say i have seen a few realy good refs (wish we could have them at every game) but for the most part this year they have been worst than the last few years. from what i've seen they appear to take sides in some games ???  i don't realy understand that.  my co-worker was watching a game this week where he said one team had 24 - 26 fouls just in the 2nd half and with a minute to go the other team finaly got into bonus for the first time during the game  :o  he said the fans were going crazy, there was lots of tention on the court, he said he doesn't know how there wasn't a stand clearing brawl! he said one team was getting hit and knocked down with no call (these were not even questionable calls) and the other couldn't bump into anyone without getting a foul.  personaly i find this very sad all of these youg men have worked very hard and deserve a fairly called game i realy don't care if it is good or bad JUST THE SAME FOR BOTH TEAMS! theses young men and woman deserve better!

I think its because they aren't a lot of refs to choose from. No one really wants to be a ref they are wrong every call they make.  At Orangefield the other night the foul count was not even close to even, but Silsbee was fouling a lot and I swear the Orangefield people around me talked about how horrible the refs were the whole game with the foul count as off as it was.  People they aren't going to call everything.  Its part of the game, a good team can over come it.  Believe me I get ticked when they are inconsistent, for either team.  But I think most of the ones Orangefield has had were pretty decent.  The girls on the other hand in Silsbee they were HORRIBLE.  They weren't only not calling fouls they were calling the fouls on girls on the other team, then changing it to the right team, but the wrong player.  Those two were bad. 

The ones in Zavalla this weekend were as bad as I've ever seen.Not just at 1 game but overall(I watched Newton-Corrigan,Woodville-Slocum and Warren-Brookeland).In several of these contest the officials were more interested in fan interaction than they were calling the game.What they lose sight of is they take the game out of the players hands and make themselves the center of attention.The tall official in the Warren-Brookeland game made it a point to be the center of that ballgame,not only with some Warren fans but also the Brookeland coach.His co-official attemted to even the foul count somewhat late in the game but the outcome was already decided by then.I tend to watch games from a different perspective as an ex official and while some of these are personal issues most are lack of training.Very poor fundamentals and not enough experience to be calling varsity ballgames.In the past you never saw division 4 or 5 officials calling varsity games.The bottom line is numbers,they just don't have enough officials to cover the busy tournament weekends.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder