WOS over HJ

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. I think that was Rudy T. or Phil Jackson that said that. All year we have talked about the word "finish" . Last year we played HJ, Silsbee, Jasper, etc. close for a half, but would get blown out in the second half. We finished last night. We gave up a 20 point lead (to 4 points) but finished strong and didn't give the game away. HJ is a great program with a great coaching staff. To be successful against those guys, you better bring your A game. And we did. Our guys rebounded, shot well, hit our free throws and played defense. Sometimes coaching is fun. We are on a 4 game win streak. Our record win streak is 10 games. Back in 2000, Lincoln beat us by 53 points. After that game, we went thru the district schedule and won the next 10 games including beating Lincoln. Our streak was ended by the 36 - 0 eventual State Champions - Ozen. Can we beat the streak? We are going to try. Great job to our fans and players. :D

Our guys showed what they are made of last night. When you play teams like H-J, you tend to worry when your team is incomplete. I tell ya, if a stranger would have watched that game last night, they would never have known that two starters were not playing. They did lose a 20-point lead, but they came back and gave their all and got the WIN. They are improving each week and continue to gel as a team. I am excited about this team. :wink:

I would like to know who the other starter for WOS is that's not playing?

Answer. We only had one starter out which was Netherly. We had a reserve that was out that may have started twice this year in a tournament. Give credit where credit is due. These kids work hard every day in practice and school. It takes five players and a total team effort to win this game.

I would like to know who the other starter for WOS is that's not playing?

Answer. We only had one starter out which was Netherly. We had a reserve that was out that may have started twice this year in a tournament. Give credit where credit is due. These kids work hard every day in practice and school. It takes five players and a total team effort to win this game.

I stand corrected. I wondered about that when I posted it and only posted it because I thought I had previously read on wo-s.com that we had lost "two starters", but I did not want to take credit away from anyone. Thanks! :wink:

This is a great group of kids/players.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder