*All-District 21-3A Football Team*

You are wrong. First team means one player for each position. They had  two quaterbacks on the first team and three running backs. Is everyone running the wishbone? I don't think so. In one district there was eight first team lineman. The last time I counted there is only five lineman. So what you are saying is if you play one postion for 1/4 of the game then that qualifies you for all district. Give every kid a ribbon thats the concept nowdays.  There is only twenty two kids on the field at one time. So give eleven awards on offense and the same on defense. If you look at the stats, it would be easy to figure out. Apparently coaches don't do that anymore. Look guys, I don't have a dog in this hunt. These all district picks are getting ridiculous in all sports. Again, times have changed. ::)

No I am not WRONG!!  In some styles of offenses you have 2 running backs and in some you might have 3 (wishbone). So would you penalize that style of Offense by limiting it to just 2 backs selected. And on defense a school might run a 50 which means 2 linebackers and some schools might run a 4-3 which means 3 linebackers so would it be fair to limit it to just 2 selections? Most coaches are smart enough to realize that the value of a player is not soley based on STATS. Yes times have changed high school football is alot more sophisticated now, and the problem is that people in the stands think they really understand it just because they sit in front of a tv all weekend watching college and pro football. When in reality they have no clue about the intricacies of the schemes or responsibilites of each player for each play. Coaches spend hours and hours watching and breaking down film each week looking for tendecies and weaknesses in preparation for a game on friday night, where as the fans sit in the stands and try and second guess the coaches having seen no film much less studying tendencies.

No I am not WRONG!!  In some styles of offenses you have 2 running backs and in some you might have 3 (wishbone). So would you penalize that style of Offense by limiting it to just 2 backs selected. And on defense a school might run a 50 which means 2 linebackers and some schools might run a 4-3 which means 3 linebackers so would it be fair to limit it to just 2 selections? Most coaches are smart enough to realize that the value of a player is not soley based on STATS. Yes times have changed high school football is alot more sophisticated now, and the problem is that people in the stands think they really understand it just because they sit in front of a tv all weekend watching college and pro football. When in reality they have no clue about the intricacies of the schemes or responsibilites of each player for each play. Coaches spend hours and hours watching and breaking down film each week looking for tendecies and weaknesses in preparation for a game on friday night, where as the fans sit in the stands and try and second guess the coaches having seen no film much less studying tendencies.

You are right BleedOrange: Unless you are one of the coaches son, his best friend, or whatever. Having heart, practicing everyday, playing with injuries, etc. etc. etc., or forgive me, using stats, has no bearing on these picks whatsoever.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124