Fort Bend Clements 31 Houston Stratford 27

........well, this just goes to show you that if WB hadn't eased off of Clements and actually won the game last week, it could be us playing Katy in the Quarterfinals. I bet you our coaches wont allow the team to get relaxed again until the final whistle blows! Good Luck next year Bruins......it could (should)have been us there!

The players didnt ease off, it was our dumb butt defensive coaching staff.  Playing all those 4th and longs like they were 4th and inches.  I can take losing, just not when the coaches blow it for the kids.  It really pisses me off.

true......they did potentially have some of the wrong players in the secondary, certain coaches have admitted to that. BUT, it's also the up to the coaches to make sure the players are "up" for every play and every set of downs and not get relaxed when they think they've got the game in the bag. The coaches allowed the kids to get relaxed. That loss should not have happened, and WE should be playing Katy for the Region III crown. One thing I can guarantee you is that next year, if we're not up by at least.......three TD's, our coaching staff will stay aggressive so as to not let the same thing happen!

true......they did potentially have some of the wrong players in the secondary, certain coaches have admitted to that. BUT, it's also the up to the coaches to make sure the players are "up" for every play and every set of downs and not get relaxed when they think they've got the game in the bag. The coaches allowed the kids to get relaxed. That loss should not have happened, and WE should be playing Katy for the Region III crown. One thing I can guarantee you is that next year, if we're not up by at least.......three TD's, our coaching staff will stay aggressive so as to not let the same thing happen!

The kids played fine.  You cant be up by two scores have the team in a 4th and long and line your defense up like it was 4th and inches.  Our coaches had our defense lined up Cornerbacks nose to nose with the WR and the Safeties 7 yards deep on every 3rd and long and every 4th and long.  Peewee league coaches wouldnt have called defense like this.  Sorry but this loss is on the coaches period.  Our defensive staff blow it big time.

MAN, I'm still having a hard time dealing with West Brook lost to Clements. I still can't put my finger on how they lost. I beginning to think WB just lost the momentum in that game and couldn't make a big play on defense to win the game. As for my opinion on Clements, to me they have the best offense I seen at running the ball in a long time. That running back reminds me of Terrel Davis. If Katy can't stop Clements running game they will lose ( like Stratford ). The only weakness Clements has is defensive speed.

MAN, I'm still having a hard time dealing with West Brook lost to Clements. I still can't put my finger on how they lost. I beginning to think WB just lost the momentum in that game and couldn't make a big play on defense to win the game. As for my opinion on Clements, to me they have the best offense I seen at running the ball in a long time. That running back reminds me of Terrel Davis. If Katy can't stop Clements running game they will lose ( like Stratford ). The only weakness Clements has is defensive speed.

why do you think that.....WB's defense shut that running game down! It was our suspect pass defense that won the game for Clements! It basically came down to a third and three for us! We had the ball at about midfield with four minutes left and a 33-28 lead.....if we had gotten the first down instead of punting the ball, we could have eaten up the last couple of minutes. Instead, we call a run play that didn't work and we are forced to punt. Clements gets the ball and proceeds to drive to the other end of the field and scores. You see, joey, there are more variables to think about besides blaming the defensive coaches. They did what they thought was best at the time. I'm sure if they could do it over, things would be done alot different, and subsequently we would probably have won the game. I CAN tell you that if in the same position next year, things will be done differently. It still makes me sick, though, that we were capable of beating Clements......and Stratford.......and should be getting ready to play Katy this weekend!. BUT, it is what it is, and we cant go back to change things. All we can do at this point is look forward to next year. We will be back in the postseason next year.....and I look to go far! With eight returning starters on offense, and five or six defensive starters returning, I dont care what the district reallignment looks like, WB is going to be the team to beat. Bet on it!

why do you think that.....WB's defense shut that running game down! It was our suspect pass defense that won the game for Clements! It basically came down to a third and three for us! We had the ball at about midfield with four minutes left and a 33-28 lead.....if we had gotten the first down instead of punting the ball, we could have eaten up the last couple of minutes. Instead, we call a run play that didn't work and we are forced to punt. Clements gets the ball and proceeds to drive to the other end of the field and scores. You see, joey, there are more variables to think about besides blaming the defensive coaches. They did what they thought was best at the time. I'm sure if they could do it over, things would be done alot different, and subsequently we would probably have won the game. I CAN tell you that if in the same position next year, things will be done differently. It still makes me sick, though, that we were capable of beating Clements......and Stratford.......and should be getting ready to play Katy this weekend!. BUT, it is what it is, and we cant go back to change things. All we can do at this point is look forward to next year. We will be beak in the postseason next year.....and I look to go far! With eight returning starters on offense, and five or six defensive starters returning, I dont care what the district reallignment looks like, WB is going to be the team to beat. Bet on it!

I'm not say WB defense didn't play well, I think they played great. I'm just saying the defense needed a big play against Clements pass offense. As for being sick about that loss. your not along. With all the upset this year WB had a chance to win it all.

I'm definitely curious to see how this Clements/Katy game comes out. It will let me know how well we would have done against Katy! I can tell you one thing, there's gonna be one hacked off SOB in the west end if Clements beats Katy. It'll just make our loss that much worse. 'Cause Clements was definitely beatable. We should be the ones playing Katy! >:(

why do you think that.....WB's defense shut that running game down! It was our suspect pass defense that won the game for Clements! It basically came down to a third and three for us! We had the ball at about midfield with four minutes left and a 33-28 lead.....if we had gotten the first down instead of punting the ball, we could have eaten up the last couple of minutes. Instead, we call a run play that didn't work and we are forced to punt. Clements gets the ball and proceeds to drive to the other end of the field and scores. You see, joey, there are more variables to think about besides blaming the defensive coaches. They did what they thought was best at the time. I'm sure if they could do it over, things would be done alot different, and subsequently we would probably have won the game. I CAN tell you that if in the same position next year, things will be done differently. It still makes me sick, though, that we were capable of beating Clements......and Stratford.......and should be getting ready to play Katy this weekend!. BUT, it is what it is, and we cant go back to change things. All we can do at this point is look forward to next year. We will be beak in the postseason next year.....and I look to go far! With eight returning starters on offense, and five or six defensive starters returning, I dont care what the district reallignment looks like, WB is going to be the team to beat. Bet on it!

All of Clements big plays came on 3rd and long and 4th and long.  Hell the 64 yard pass play to set up the winning TD was on 4th down.  We stop them 3 downs, then line up stupid on 4th down, and Clements picks up a 1st down.  Oh and I talked to a coach today at church and his sentiments are exactly the same as mine. Giving up 22 points in the 4th quarter, up by 2 scores  with 7 minutes to go in the game and lose is on the coaches.  He also said West Brook would have a different DB coach next year.

:o nobody was denying the fact that they beat us on third and long and fourth and long-pass defense, hello? All I was trying to say was that it was more than just our secondary that lost us the game. It wasn't just DC's fault, and it wasn't just the play calling. We had every opportunity to put the game away and didn't do it. And YES, had we gotten a first down on that third and three that I spoke of, it would have kept the Ranger offense off of the field......game over. All I was saying was that it was a number of things that could have been done different, and now you want to execute the DB coach for it. Please, it wasn't just HIS fault. You win as a team, and you lose as a team. Remember that. If Stump gets rid of the DB coach, I have to believe it's because he's got someone better in mind!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up smh, what a pathetic administration  From the article: Hunt slammed this opposition, saying, "It's truly remarkable to me. … President Biden has approved over $100 billion in student loan forgiveness. But when it comes to our troops, America's most precious resource, he's complaining about an increase in military pay?" "I think it's an embarrassment for the whole country if we can't increase pay for our troops," said Hunt. "Inflation is up 20% since Biden entered office, the least he could do is increase military pay to keep up with the inflation that he caused." Hunt said the left tries to push "unrelated nonsense" through the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) each year, and said there are other things that can be cut to reduce spending instead.   
    • Mustang family, what's new on the coaches front? Has 7on7 began yet? How good will we be this season?
    • I hear ya.  Under normal circumstances I feel you would have a point.  But,  I feel people are not as stupid as the Dems thinks they are.  Americans see the bogus charges for what they are.  They see that Trump never had a conviction before he ran for President and now after he ran he has 91 convictions.  But the Dems are in a tight spot.  This lawfare is not working.  All the attacks before did not work.  So, what do they have left?  They have a doddering old fool.  They put a silly cackler in as VP to have Joebama impeachment proof.  So, how would they get rid JoeBama and bypass the cackler?  There only hope, as I see it, is that Joebama wins and a week after inauguration he resigns and then look what happens!  This is the only way out I see for them.  Not sure if the debates are going to happen, but if they do, it'll be interesting to see how bad JoeBama really is.  It must be bad, though, because they won't release the interview tapes from the Hurr report.  
    • We pray before every game and after every game at Newton. This (our players are better than your players)was started by longballs. He does this every yer then just disappears. r
    • I didn't like the hire from the beginning, but you are correct. 100% the supt. choice.
  • Topics