Congrats. to Lumberton...

I have to agree with what raiderfamily said about being critical of everyone who left...for instance...I personally know people who HAD to leave early last night. One guy had been up since 3:30 Fri morn and had to get up again at 3:30 Sat morn to go to work...time became his enemy. He waited as long as he could but, not knowing what the traffic would be like when everyone left, he opted to leave right after our last touchdown. He did not want to leave but had no choice as he needed to get home and grab a couple hours sleep before work. His friend that rode with him, naturally, had to leave also. Now, this guy is one of the truest fans we have. Never had a son play, but has only missed very few if any games in years. He has been there thru thick and thin with the Raiders and will continue as long as he is able. Now, I can't speak for anyone else as to why they left, but just know that some people had legitimate reasons.

Very true.  I know some who were in the exact same predicament. 

From an old Raider fan who goes all the way back to the 1st Lumberton game ever, congratulations to a group of kids who worked hard and payed the price to be successful.  You have set the bar for all future teams to follow.  You should be proud of what you have accomplished.  To coach Creduer and his staff, great job.  You prepared the kids very well and you instilled confidence and a belief that they can win.  And to the fans, it has been awesome seeing so many people who were so excited to root for good ole LHS.  So many new traditions were started this year.  We look forward to a bright future.

The guru must say this, I have been as impressed with the turn around at lumberton over the past few years than any other as a spectator.  Coach C did a wonderful job with this group.  To all raider players, coaches, and fans, take a bow because that was a hell of a performance.

Great season Raiders.. The team, the coaches, the fans, the community have much to be proud of..

The Raiders fought hard for 4 straight quarters and never quit despite the fact that it seemed everything went wrong and you could not catch a break to save your lives. I hate to see such a crummy outcome by such a neat team, but it happens.

I look forward to seeing Lumberton again next year, and I hope you are every bit as talented, big hearted and hungry as you were this season. This should be the beginning of great things to come for the L Train.

Mike

I want to thank the "BOYS", the coaches, and the FANS for a great season!!! What a ride yall gave us, like others have said keep yours heads up!! Job well done FELLAS and you did it with class. I also go way

back and remember when we had more fans than the majority of the teams we played at their House. Thanks to the folks that brought the HORN, some may not have liked it but I think they should let you in for

free next year!!

You guys, team, fans, coaches, staff and everyone I came in contact with for 4 games this year, including the final two games, showed nothing but class.  In victory and defeat the spirt and pride were the same.  I enjoyed my ride on the L-Train and and wish you guys luck in the future.  Thanks for the ride...and what a ride it was!!! ;) ;) ;)

I've had the chance to see all the Lumberton games this year since my son is a senior and plays on the team. After every game I have beamed with pride as the team that no one expected much out of, continued to prove them wrong week after week. Last night as a parent...I couldn't have been prouder. Our boys took on a team that was bigger, faster, stronger and just as well coached as they were and fought right up until the bitter end, just the way champions are supposed to do! They did it with style, they did it with heart and they did it with ''CLASS''! After the game, though heartbroken and teary eyed , they kept their heads up and lined up and marched across the field to congratulate the victors demonstrating a level of class that's beyond commendable. Waller fans, players and coaches matched our class act ounce for ounce. Though they had to be ecstatic, they maintained the level of professionalism that they displayed throughout the entire game.  If we were to fall, we fell to a fine football team backed by first class fans...my hats off to Waller and best of luck to you guys against future teams. For the few hundred 'fans' that left early, you cheated yourselves. You left thinking you had seen the fall of the Mighty L-Train. For the thousands of ''FANS'' that stayed and cheered, screamed, sang, shook hands, hugged necks and wiped tears,we saw the truth...not the ''fall'' of the Mighty L-Train but the ''rise'' of a true champion spirit, that my friends, is what you get ...when you truly ''BELIEVE''! LUMBERTON RAIDERS....SALUTE!  God bless each of you!

Well said G66 :)

Great job this year Lumberton.  Your fans have a team to be proud of and your team has a class group of fans to be proud of as well.  I hope to see you continue your success and build off of this year.  To have never been to the playoffs and then to get to the third round is something to be EXTREMELY proud of!

Just have to say that this is one Indian that is proud of EVERYTHING that the Lumberton Raiders represented this year!  WOW!  When ya'll played us at The Reservation this year, it was a different team with different fans!  You guys have excelled this year and I know you will be back next year, coming on just as strong.  The community pride, spirit and ALL the things ya'll did this year to support your team was awesome!  Don't let this spirit die, keep it up!  The 2008 season is just around the corner and I know the L-Train will be back.  To all the Lumberton posters.....it's been a ride on this forum......man, there was some smack being talked....and I honestly have NEVER seen so many threads for one team in all my life!  It's all good.....you were supporting your team just like everyone else supports theirs. Keep your heads up guys....you proved yourselves this year.....no one, but NO ONE can take that away from you!

Go Raiders!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami