Tatum 20 Newton 16 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

yes

Saw the 2nd half..someone update us on what happened the first half.

2nd half neither team  could move the ball very well.  Newton held Tatum at the goal line to have one last shot.  Hit an open receiver who was chased down or they would have won.  They did give up 2 safeties..both were bad snaps over the head of the punter.

newton shoved the ball down tatums throat for a quarter and then decided to pass and except for the long pass near the end never really moved the balll again,they seemed to give up running the ball and it was working

Wow, I was at the game also, and that's exactly what I kept coming back to, just run the football, nothing wrong with 4-5 yds a shot. Even at the end of the game after the long pass reception for Newton, Tatum was still in a stretch or prevent type defense, 1:29 left, you still had time from the 28-30 yd line to run a couple of times.  Just my opinion.  Great season for Newton, I wish I was going next week to watch ya'll play again.

Guest Hatchet

Great game.  Remember SPECIAL TEAMS won this game for Tatum.  Touchdown on fake punt, score after a fumbled punt, 2 safeties on snaps over the punter's head.  Great season for Newton.  Tatum should go on and win it all.  Tatum lb/rb is a STUD!

There was no containment on the punt/punt return......

The entire left side of the defense was trying for the block and Tatum released the entire right side of its line like a screen.

I wish like others have said, that they would have run the ball from the 20 yard line having 1 timeout and approx 1:30 left on the clock.....if so we would be gearing up for the next round and probably and eventual championship.

Tatum was good, no doubt. Newton stopped their offense almost completely with most of their scoring coming from trick plays, defense and special teams. Tatum should go on and win it all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83