Spurger 63 Warren 52 Final/Comments

KFDM COOP

Good ball game to watch.Tied at half 33-33.Couple of the key pieces of the puzzle for Warren got in early foul trouble and Spurger capitalized on it.Good crowd tonight,great atmosphere for an early season ballgame.Sheffield-23 pts(4-3ptrs) for Spurger and Sims-26pts(4-3ptrs) for Warren put on a shooting show in the first half.Andrews got in early foul trouble for the Warriors and Whittacre had a good ballgame for the pirates.That was pretty much the tale of the game.Both these clubs are gonna be pretty good before it's over.

what :o :o :o :o

Staying shock as much as you do is not good for your heart!

If the Spurger boys keep playing like they played tonight, then they'll do just fine this season.  I believe a lot of the players, let people and even fans get in their heads about expecting to lose to Goodrich.  It hurt them from the get go along with some other decisions.  Tonight should get them back headed in the right direction. Spurger 3-1  :);)

Well I was close. Spurger will be very hard to beat this year and the following years to come. Coach Stapert is an excellent coach and he has done a remarkable job at Spurger. I don't understand why people are stunned by Spurger beating Warren. Spurger has beat them the past 3 out of 4 times (past 2 years combined). Sheffield is an excellent shooter (maybe one of the best in the area). Congrats Pirates !!!

This was a great game.  Like last year Spurger looks really really good early.  If they can maintain this level of intensity they will make the playoffs.  Spurgers #13 was the difference,  he made the shots when Spurger needed them.  Warren has absolutly nothing to hang their heads for.  The game plan was to control the post play and that they did.  Very few turnovers and they handled the press with little effort.  Foul count was very lopsided,  refs made the student section quite down (what up with that).  The Band made the night special for everyone.  Warren had the bench in quite a bit due to the fouls,  they are a couple of weeks away from where they need to be.  Sims had a good night, Andrews and Swinney was in foul trouble early.  Congrads to Spurger hope you have a great season after your touney. ;D

This was a great game.  Like last year Spurger looks really really good early.  If they can maintain this level of intensity they will make the playoffs.  Spurgers #13 was the difference,  he made the shots when Spurger needed them.  Warren has absolutly nothing to hang their heads for.  The game plan was to control the post play and that they did.  Very few turnovers and they handled the press with little effort.  Foul count was very lopsided,  refs made the student section quite down (what up with that).  The Band made the night special for everyone.  Warren had the bench in quite a bit due to the fouls,  they are a couple of weeks away from where they need to be.  Sims had a good night, Andrews and Swinney was in foul trouble early.  Congrads to Spurger hope you have a great season after your touney. ;D

Playing teams like Spurger early in the season will benefit Warren later in the season, Warren is a very good team, they'll bounce back.

good game ...but the first time in my many years of bball to see a ref give a team an extra free throw because the students were yelling too loud while shooting the FT..... worst group of officials  i have ever witnessed

I will not take any credit from Spurger they out-shot Warren and deserved the win.  But the refs were terrible.  They had no idea how to play basketball much less call a game.  It was almost comical how the Coach manipulated them.  Made the admin.  take the tamborine from the band,  then had the coach take up a megaphone then gave Spurger an extra free shot for noise from the student section.  The gave coach a technical for nothing.  It was a real shame that their inadequate knowledge forshadowed a great game being played out in front of them.  And if it wasn't lack of experience or knowledge then it's something more base. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83