District 3A-22

Unbelievableee

Excited to see another year of great competition in this district. 

Here are my projections for the season. 

1. Kountze - A lot of people have been looking forward to this season for a long time. This group have been pretty strong since a young age. Led by Emily Smith who is going to be a Ragin Cajun! She is a phenomenal power hitter with over 50 home runs in her HS career. Also, they have two strong pitchers in Rowinsky and Parker. Catcher Kitty Coe has an absolute cannon from behind the plate and all three players are also solid at the plate. I see them finally living up to the expectations and winning the district plus making a deep playoff run. After this season though, it will be awhile before they are competitive again. 

2. Kirbyville - Kirbyville lost another heck of a pitcher but they are gaining a very good Freshman class. Probably one of the deepest classes they have had. I can see them fighting for 2nd with OF this season. 

3. Orangefield - OF had a very good season last year. Went deeper than most people expected for sure. They always compete at a high level and to me, have the best coaching staff in the district. That will always keep them in the top tier. I could easily see them slip into that 2nd spot this year depending on staying healthy and how well the freshmen in Kirbyville handle the big jump. 

4. Anahuac - These girls played some decent ball last year and had a few wins that were not expected. Coach does a great job at having them prepared for all of their opponents. I believe the 4th spot will be a battle between Anahuac, Buna, and Hardin for sure.  

5. Buna - Their success or lack of will be solely dependant on thier pitching. I know they have some talent there, but it will depend on what they do with it. With a new coach, you just never know. 

6. Hardin - I know nothing about Hardin other than they have a solid pitcher. That can only get you so far in a district like this one. 

7. Ec - Ec is still trying to build a competitve program. They should have plenty of options in their school district, but I do not think they have a very good youth program for the youong ones. 

8. Warren - Warren took a huge loss from their staff and their pitcher. I do not see them competing very much in any district games unfortunetly. Hopefully I am wrong. 

• 1 month later...