Waiting For UIL Steroid Testing/VIDEO/LOCAL TEAMS IN FAVOR OF TESTING

KFDM COOP

They should be.  Steroid-abuse = cheating, but worse than that...it has the potential to wreak havoc on the body.  I am not happy that the testing did not begin this season, but not surprised.  In fact, I think that teams in the playoffs should be required to test their players.

My one concern with the testing is will it emulate the "random" drug tests that schools currently perform because if so, it will not do much good.  I have two friends...one who was drug-free and the school knew that she was a safe bet for a drug test was drug-tested (10) times her sophomore year.  The other's daughter has been drug-tested in junior high (3-4) times and the only extracurricular activity she is involved in is poetry, but another safe bet.

Who decides WHO will be "randomly" tested?  What local teams are in favor of testing?

Being caught for use can and will effect teams in this area, it effected one team with the loss of a potential starter that could have made a difference in thier season. Yes I think it is a good thing and yes it will change some programs if they get caught.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124