Local girls NLI

On 3/22/2023 at 7:34 AM, OneChance said:

Did any local girls sign any NLI to go play anywhere in college this year? I like following the local girls careers to see their success at the next level. I figured Dalanna Carter would have signed a big D1 scholarship, but I haven’t seen anything. Thanks

Saw yesterday that Dalanna was a Coastal Carolina commit. No idea how or why that came about, I know UH had offered her as a freshman so its puzzling. 

22 hours ago, kenny powers said:

Saw yesterday that Dalanna was a Coastal Carolina commit. No idea how or why that came about, I know UH had offered her as a freshman so its puzzling. 

I figured that is where she was headed from what I saw on social media, but never saw her actually commit. Congratulations to her and all the young ladies that will continue their playing careers at the collegiate level. It was a lot of fun watching my kid play at the collegiate level.

3 hours ago, OneChance said:

I figured that is where she was headed from what I saw on social media, but never saw her actually commit. Congratulations to her and all the young ladies that will continue their playing careers at the collegiate level. It was a lot of fun watching my kid play at the collegiate level.

Is your kid done playing? 

due to the transfer portal, and the covid year of extra eligibility.... 2022, 2023 and 2024 graduates are in a tough spots as schools dont need as many players due to current college kids exercising the extra covid year.  

On top of that, unless they are an absolute gamer or have height, insane scoring ability (not scoring averages that come from fast break layups)  the colleges can go shopping in the portal and get a proven player at that level.

I think as you see teams like lsu womens who relied heavily on the portal succeed, that will be the norm....

Also, it has changed the D1 game as a whole, where almost all players coming off the bench roll Into the portal and find a home elsewhere.... Thats why the blue blood programs have NO bench and the mid major teams who keep their benches intact a little better are starting to find more success..