Best Area Team... Ever

Guest GoStangs

Who is the best of the best?  

1. 1. Who is the best of the best?

96 Coldspring Trojans 36.4pf vs. 11.4pa 12-2 record that year we also faced LaMarque who was the the 4A state champions back to back and Magnolia and Lumberton in 4A.  In the playoffs we played the likes of Newton, Sealy, Cameron, Center, and La Grange.  This has to be ranked right their amongst some of the best teams in the area. 

92 Trojan Team was very good also with 36.4pf vs 14.6pa 14-2 record.  This team played the likes of Center, Waco Robinson, Columbus, Bellville, Marble Falls, and South Lake Carrol.  The only loss in the playoffs was in the state title game to Carrol who should have been in 4A.  Columbus had the Schobel brothers who are now pretty good players in the NFL.  I think this team also needs to be put in their with the best in the area as well. 

Being that you are talking about a team outside of the Golden Triangle. I will have to include

the Sealy Tiger's from "Title Town USA". Best I recall back in the late 1990's they put together a 64-0 run

and claimed 4 consecutive State Titles.

The discussions does not mention Golden Triangle, but I will say Sealy had one of the best runs in the State in the late 90's we really should have beaten them in that semi-final game at the dome.  Then it would have only been three titles. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder