Rusk Baseball Coach to Lumberton?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orangeboy

That's what i have heard. Shane is a good coach. He also played for Coach Young on BC's first trip to the state tourney in '92. Lumberton did well in this hiring. Good luck to Coach Reyenga and the Raiders.

If he is the new coach im lookin foward for playin for another new coach, Coach Buff was a great coach and i know his situation, How did Rusk do this year j/w, Lumberton has a good team coming up full of juniors, I would like to be one of the first players to welcome Coach Reyenga to Lumberton

First off welcome to Raider Country I am sure you will like it here. I was just wanting to see what kind of coach we are getting.

Just a few things our past coach (buff) did that some of us didn't not aggre with. These kids are teenagers, and in fact have other lives than baseball. Please don't make baseball like it is their life. Also, the past coach MADE them wear the same things to practice. He only gave them two shirts, and told them that if they didn't wear either one of them to practice, they would have to run. Please, a shirt isn't going to make you a better baseball player. The last thing, (an I haven't said much this whole season) is that some of these kids have played the same position since they were 5 years old. Please don't move them into a different position, that they have hardly ever played. Last year our 2nd basemen (and he played this position since he was 9) was moved into the outfield, and our best OF sometimes played SS. I have coached little league for 9 years, and I have NEVER switched postioons. You have a pretty talented team, you will find that the community will support you. Please don't be a dictator and remember these boys are teenagers playing for FUN. Don't make it a job.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Guest Orangeboy

First off welcome to Raider Country I am sure you will like it here. I was just wanting to see what kind of coach we are getting.

Just a few things our past coach (buff) did that some of us didn't not aggre with. These kids are teenagers, and in fact have other lives than baseball. Please don't make baseball like it is their life. Also, the past coach MADE them wear the same things to practice. He only gave them two shirts, and told them that if they didn't wear either one of them to practice, they would have to run. Please, a shirt isn't going to make you a better baseball player. The last thing, (an I haven't said much this whole season) is that some of these kids have played the same position since they were 5 years old. Please don't move them into a different position, that they have hardly ever played. Last year our 2nd basemen (and he played this position since he was 9) was moved into the outfield, and our best OF sometimes played SS. I have coached little league for 9 years, and I have NEVER switched postioons. You have a pretty talented team, you will find that the community will support you. Please don't be a dictator and remember these boys are teenagers playing for FUN. Don't make it a job.

First of all Raider Mania,

Coaches that make their kids wear the same clothes to practice are trying to teach their kids a little resposibility, something I feel is missing from our society nowadays. And the thing about switching kids around, it is the coaches JOB to put the best team on the field even if a kid has to switch positions. If he doesn't he loses his job in most situations. It is his job and his livlihood here. So as far as I'm concerned he needs to find the hardest working, most dedicated kids he can find and go with that. After that Lumberton will be a better place, because they let a coach make a difference in the lives of their children, also teaching them about life along the way.

Coach Griff probably has had the same rule for practice since he has been at LCM and the softball team did it this year. I think it is great. It stresses discipline, responsibility, and team. The fact that a parent is concerned that the coach made them wear matching shirts to practice tells me that there are problems at Lumberton.

All successful programs have one thing in common-DISCIPLINE-you simply dont win in playoff games without it.While kids will always have multiple interest ,to be successful the sport you play has to have your undivided attention ,at least during your practise time.Geez if Lumberton couldnt agree to wear the same shirt to practise no wonder they struggled.Best of luck to the new skipper down there.Just let him do his job you may be surprised at the results.

Guest Sports Cards

I hate posting, but after reading what RaiderMania wrote about a coach being so horrible by making his athletes wear the same practice uniforms, and about having the nerve to move a kid from his coveted PEEWEE league position that the all-knowing little league coaches have put them in!!!!! This is a typical "I coach little league, so I know more than the High School coach" post that gives parents bad names! If most parents knew the difference from Little League to High School, and could look more objectively at their kids skills, they would shut their mouths and let their coaches coach! Your post just made Lumberton look like a bunch of spoiled little brats, who have a problem with discipline and don't understand the "betterment for the team" concept! I wish the coach from Rusk all the luck in the world, if all the parents in Lumberton share these same sentiments, he is going to need it!!!!

Sorry RaiderMania, that post just hit a nerve!

I was just wanting to see what kind of coach we are getting.
Wrong place to get that answered.

Just a few things our past coach (buff) did that some of us didn't not aggre with.

Who cares.

These kids are teenagers' date=' and in fact have other lives than baseball. [/quote'] Hope it's as beneficial as team baseball.

Well raidermania i played for Buff this year and it didnt matter to us if we only had two shirts this year, we were just lookin foward to a great practice with friends and getting better, most of the kids didnt have any problems makin postion moves they did what was best for the team, and one thing that will make the coach happy is if the parents keep there mouth shut about there kids playing time and also just let him do his job and not critize the way he coaches

Just a few things our past coach (buff) did that some of us didn't not aggre with. These kids are teenagers' date=' and in fact have other lives than baseball. Please don't make baseball like it is their life. Also, the past coach MADE them wear the same things to practice. He only gave them two shirts, and told them that if they didn't wear either one of them to practice, they would have to run. Please, a shirt isn't going to make you a better baseball player. The last thing, (an I haven't said much this whole season) is that some of these kids have played the same position since they were 5 years old. Please don't move them into a different position, that they have hardly ever played. Last year our 2nd basemen (and he played this position since he was 9) was moved into the outfield, and our best OF sometimes played SS. I have coached little league for 9 years, and I have NEVER switched postioons. You have a pretty talented team, you will find that the community will support you. Please don't be a dictator and remember these boys are teenagers playing for FUN. Don't make it a job.

Looking forward to meeting you.[/quote']

This is a joke right?

First off, you took my words all wrong. What I am saying about the shirt (which I really don't mind) was that a kid was doing re-conditioning (as Coach B would say) because he Forgot to wear the right shirt. Instead of getting valuable practice time, he is running, while some of the other kids that don't deserve to play are getting better. Also, I believe I have a right to "KNOW" who my son is going to be coached by, I would hate to see the years I have spent with him on the practice field get ruined, like it did last year. 3rd we are not LCM, and until then, we aren't going to have the same rules. Coach Griff can do what he does, because he has been winning. Those certain coaching privlleges are earned. I am sorry I rattled everyone's feather, I just think these kids at Lumberton got a b ad deal last year.

If you were to go to a LCM, PNG or Nederland practice you would see that everybody is wearing the same thing at practice. I know this because I have been there and seen it. EVERYBODY is busy and working hard. Some running, some throwing and some hitting. It seemed like to me the other coach was doing a good job. If you have been to a collage to watch them workout you will see the same. I wish the new Coach alot of luck, because it sounds like he will need it. :lol: Just my observation!!!!

RaiderMania............................Gosh I just dont even know where to start with you.........

First off you are what is essentially wrong with AMERICA.....................If you think that this coach gives a BIG OLE RATS PATOOTY what you think about how he runs his program then you have ANOTHER think coming...........If it were me I would be telling your little league coaching self to stay in little league and if you dont like the way it is or how I am doing it then there is the door and don't let it hit ya where the good Lord split ya..................Secondly the comment about shaking his hand at senior night is right on in my book..............If I were the coach if I never knew who you were then that is the best thing that could ever happen........I invison you as the parent who the first time his kid runs a little bit too much for your taste or who doesnt get to play the amount you want them to will have the coaches phone number on speed dial...........YOUR A JOKE........I feel sorry for your kid because it is parents like you who get coaches pissed off at your kids and their whining attitudes..............Best of luck to you pal.............You better be glad I aint the coach. ME AND YOU would be having a COME TO JESUS meeting and I GUARANTEE your kid would get on the train or he would be leaving the station.........

First and formost, I am from Rusk and Reyenga coached me...He is the best baseball coach I EVER had...the guy definitely knows his stuff and does great with what he has...his philosophy and outlook on the game is unique but very very true...i wont tell that, ill let his players get the honor of hearing it from him, but he took a team that had mediocre talent 2 rounds deep my senior season (I graduated in 05) with little pitching but made us learn to hit all year. He did everything he could to make us learn to hit the ball where they aint...Reyenga is a great coach and a great guy...good luck to him and to Lumberton

And parents like raidermania is one of the reasons i think Coach B left oh yea was your son a freshman this year? , sideliner Coach Reyenga will be welcomed with great attitudes from players in lumberton , me personally i hope to learn alot from another coach, like i said we will have a young team full of talent

I was caoched by Reyenga and he is a good man. I have been out of school for a while and he has been very successful where ever he has been. I wish parents would quit trying to live thier childhood dreams through thier kids! Yes they are kids but they have got to learn discipline!

Just a few things our past coach (buff) did that some of us didn't not aggre with. These kids are teenagers' date=' and in fact have other lives than baseball. Please don't make baseball like it is their life. Also, the past coach MADE them wear the same things to practice. He only gave them two shirts, and told them that if they didn't wear either one of them to practice, they would have to run. Please, a shirt isn't going to make you a better baseball player. The last thing, (an I haven't said much this whole season) is that some of these kids have played the same position since they were 5 years old. Please don't move them into a different position, that they have hardly ever played. Last year our 2nd basemen (and he played this position since he was 9) was moved into the outfield, and our best OF sometimes played SS. I have coached little league for 9 years, and I have NEVER switched postioons. You have a pretty talented team, you will find that the community will support you. Please don't be a dictator and remember these boys are teenagers playing for FUN. Don't make it a job.

Looking forward to meeting you.[/quote']

This has got to be a woman!

First off' date=' you took my words all wrong. What I am saying about the shirt (which I really don't mind) was that a kid was doing re-conditioning (as Coach B would say) because he Forgot to wear the right shirt. Instead of getting valuable practice time, he is running, while some of the other kids that don't deserve to play are getting better. Also, I believe I have a right to "KNOW" who my son is going to be coached by, I would hate to see the years I have spent with him on the practice field get ruined, like it did last year. 3rd we are not LCM, and until then, we aren't going to have the same rules. Coach Griff can do what he does, because he has been winning. Those certain coaching privlleges are earned. I am sorry I rattled everyone's feather, I just think these kids at Lumberton got a b ad deal last year.[/quote']

First of all, why don't they other players deserve to get a chance to prove he clan play during practice, sounds like to me you are only concerened if YOUR SON plays. You do have the right to know who is coaching your son, but not the right to bash him publicly like you have BUFF and are seemingly ready do to with the new coach. You mention that Griff does certian things and gets certian privlleges because he is winning? Have you ever stopped to think that he wins because he does these things? If you are really this concerned about the baseball program over in Lumberton then may I make a suggestion. Go back to college, get a degree in education, Get hired as the coach, and then you can make the decisions about the team. Until then shut up about it.

RaiderMania wrote:

This has got to be a woman!

Wrong, gotta be a man. Everyone knows how important it is to women for everything to match!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83