24-2A vs 23-2A Predictions

Guest A-TOWN

if u talkin about like an all-star game between 23-2A and 24-2A. I think 24-2A would sweep the floor with 23-2A, no doubt!!!

Thats because 24-2A is a powerhouse conference....we discussed that in another thread. I bet a 24-2A all star team would have 9 of 11 starters from EC.  ;D

I would even go so far as to say that Newton could probably beat that all star team too. Although it would be a good game since it would be made up mostly of EC Bucs.

Guest THE FAN

Thats because 24-2A is a powerhouse conference....we discussed that in another thread. I bet a 24-2A all star team would have 9 of 11 starters from EC.  ;D

I would even go so far as to say that Newton could probably beat that all star team too. Although it would be a good game since it would be made up mostly of EC Bucs.

are you forgetting that Buna only lost to EC 34 - 33 and kountze beat EC??

are you forgetting that Buna only lost to EC 34 - 33 and kountze beat EC??

And if Buna wouldn't have had 2 touchdowns called back in the EC game, we would have beat the BUCS.

The Coogs are going into this game against Newton with their heads held high, confidence, pride, and the support of the whole community!

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT COOGS!!!!!!!!!

Well i would have to say that i would go with 24 AA, but the newton and buna game is gonna be a great one and yes if 24 AA were to put an all star team together i think they could take out that 23 AA district, not hatin on newton or anything but they are not as good as they were about 3 years ago but they are still a good no doubt about that

I will be yelling for 24aa but I am afraid 23aa wins all 3 of these game.Some real matchup problems for the 24aa clubs in each game.If Tramain can go full out EC has a shot but Corrigan is very fast also.Newton-Buna strength against strength and the eagles are stronger.Hemphill plays the power game and the Hornets struggle against that kind of offense.Hope the 24aa guys prove me wrong.good luck to all 3.

Yes Bobcat, your right. I did take it a little too far. Sorry for the wrong impression. Was just trying stir this thread. I have to say Buna played with class. Never once did they fail to go straight to the huddle after a tackle......................Sealy, that was around my kindergarten years so i'm not to knowledgable of it. Checked it out in the history though, 82-6. I guess we all need a little leveling once in a while.

Hold on a second....what newton_eagles said did not warrant a Sealy reference from bobcat.  ;)

You dont need to apologize...some friendly banter is ok....even from a fan of the winning team. The wheels fall of sometimes for all clubs. I am a little older and remeber the Sealy game well enough. Sealy was unstoppable and that was during their string of championships over a couple of years.

This is a thread concerning the two districts were some of the people posting considered 24 2A a powerhouse district. Go read the official game thread bobcat if you just want to read congrats and wish everyone well. Please do not let people think that people from Buna are like you,  ;D and need to reference a 3rd round playoff game from 10 years ago that they were not involved in to jab back at someone from the winning team, who is returning some harmless fun.

I congradulate Buna on a good season and pull for each team in the area....too bad for everyone that 24 and 23 2A has to play each other in the first round and automatically half the number of 2A teams we have in the playoffs.

I went to the game last night and 55-10 is as low as Newton could have possibly scored. I'm a 3A guy so I haven't seen alot of 2A games but I was ready to drive back to Orange when the horn sounded for the first quarter and it was 34-0. I'm not sure if Newton is that good (boy they sure looked good) or Buna just had an off night but it was a dominant performance.

Congrats to Buna on a good season. You're still not the 'New Sheriff in Town' as some Buna folks predicted when you dropped to 2A, but at least you made it to Chief Deputy.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind playing Newton on turf. Just a half step is the difference between a 2 yard loss and an 80 yard TD. Why wouldn't Buna try and play to their strength (power) instead of allowing the opposition (speed) to play to theirs?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476