All Hail Mighty Friendswood

Haha!  Good one BC Man.  Of course, you would have been far more effective, and far, far less cowardly, had you come out of the weeds before the State Championship Final.  But, that is how you work I gues.. Posting your little missive at 12 whatever in the morning tells me that you have big time jealousy issues.  But, of course, you do -- you live in Bridge City.

And, finishing, as the State runner-up does mean coming up short of our goal.  So, congratulations to Waco Midway.  They were the better team yesterday!  And, BC Man, it means that you and everyone else but Waco Midway, hail to the Mighty Mustangs!

Hey, and remind me BC (Loser) Man, how did BC do this year?  That's what I thought.

No, there will definitely be no basketball glory at FHS this year OrangeFan. 

Unfortunately, FHS has had a particularly bad girls basketball coach the last six years or so (until this year) who punished the girls for playing other sports.  All that she succeeded in doing was driving away the very best basketball players from the awesome class of 08.  In fact, of the best 12 basketball players in the Class of 08, only 1 is actually playing for FHS.  The girls who are not playing could beat the varsity team by 30 points or so -- without practicing.

Had a bunch of those senior girls still been playing, it would be a completely different story.  Don't beleive me?  Consider this.  Dickinson HS went to the state final last year, andis ranked no. 2 in state this year -- all on the strength of their Class of 08.  However, thosee DHS girls never once beat -- heck they were never any closer than 14 points -- to the FHS girls who used to play (but no longer play) in the dozen or so school and AAU games that they played against one another over ther years.  That's a fact!

Good luck Orange Fan. 

Guest b-a-g fan

Friendswood fan you guarantied a state championship  ??? ??? Mabee thats why you just sit back and let a good teams play, speak for itself and second place  is the same as 45th Quoting a great person with" If you aint first your last" Karma is a Bi@@@ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Good job to the ladies , a shame arrogance ruins a special acomplishment :(

Haha!  Good one BC Man.  Of course, you would have been far more effective, and far, far less cowardly, had you come out of the weeds before the State Championship Final.  But, that is how you work I gues.. Posting your little missive at 12 whatever in the morning tells me that you have big time jealousy issues.  But, of course, you do -- you live in Bridge City.

And, finishing, as the State runner-up does mean coming up short of our goal.  So, congratulations to Waco Midway.  They were the better team yesterday!  And, BC Man, it means that you and everyone else but Waco Midway, hail to the Mighty Mustangs!

Hey, and remind me BC (Loser) Man, how did BC do this year?  That's what I thought.

Grasping at straws here, bud?

Nothing cowardly about the post!  I was out of pocket, and did not get to find out who finished where at the tournament until 10 minutes before the original post.  And even at that, I got it from the UIL web site, not your "report" on how "your team" finished lol .  And what does "work" have to do with this post, or any other?  My little "missive" was posted when I got home and checked the web - DUH - The time of day had nothing to do with it!  And I have NO jealousy of your arrogance, either, as if I had NOt already made that clear enough!

And am I supposed to remind you of how or VOLLEYBALL team did (Regional semi-final), or is that another immature "dig" aimed at our football team?  VERY CLASSY, either way!

Paraphrasing a well-known coach - When you get there, act like you've been there before!  Let me repeat what I stated in the first post - I detest arrogance, even if you CAN back it up! And once again, Congrats to your PLAYERS on their accomplishments this season.

The Lady Mustangs swept Brenham in 3 straight, and very quick, games tonight to win their second straight Region 3-4A Title.  That, my good friends from East Texas (and especially Barber's Hill) is how REAL butt-kicking champions take care of business.  And, remember, you heard it her, from me, first!

Congratulations to the girls of the Friendswood team!

I had a chance to see FHS play LCM early in the playoffs and Friendswood looked great.  Although I am not a big volleyball fan, I can still appreciate the athletes and the work/dedication they put in to get to that level. 

The athletes and coaches of that Friendswood team handled themselves in a very positive way that night before, during, and after taking care of business 3 games to 0.  Friendswood fan...you could have learned more than just volleyball from those players and coaches.  It's a shame that some parents or fans tarnish the opinion of or the reputation of a group or school.

Congrats also to Waco Midway...the REAL butt-kicking champions from North Texas! 

• 2 weeks later...

friendswood fan has no idea about dickinson girls basketball.  there are three girls starting varsity who were not on the girls basketball team  last year.  FW would have no chance no matter who was playing for them.  In fact you should be glad they choose not to play volleyball  :)

I know that there is the girl who transferred from LaMarque to play on the Dickinson team, but who else is new this year?  And, besides, aren't Hypolite and Williams the stars of the team.  They both were definitely were on the Dickinson school and AAU teams that all of the FHS girls who no longer play basketball used to throttle on a routine basis. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lefty:

I was there, and it was quite impressive!!  Two things I noticed.  First, the other new "transfer" -- the one from Baytown I think -- seems to be the new best player on the team (at least in that game); which is saying something.  She brings a toughness that used to be lacking.  Second, Samuels must really be a great coach because Dickinson played like a team -- not like the old days that I recall when Hypolite and Williams took turns trying to go one on one.

Frankly, from what I saw, I'm not so sure that Friendswood would have beaten them even if all of the "real" basketball players were still playing at FHS.  But, it certainly would have been a heck of a game.

Yea, the coach has done a good job with those ladies and they give 100% on the floor. They are a great group of kids. There are two sisters that moved in from baytown and the young lady from Lamarque. They are fun to watch.  When they hit their threes they are very hard to stop.  AH is a very good player for FW. Good luck to the mustangs the rest of the year. 

• 2 months later...

Well the dickinson lady gators rolled  to the state playoffs in austin next week, congrats to them and good luck.  With FW volleyball going to state, Dickinson basketball making it, FW girls soccer the clear favorite in the region, and I believe  texas city softball ranked 1 in the region, the girls of galveston county are not doing to bad for themselves.  you go girls  ;D

Well the dickinson lady gators rolled  to the state playoffs in austin next week, congrats to them and good luck.  With FW volleyball going to state, Dickinson basketball making it, FW girls soccer the clear favorite in the region, and I believe  texas city softball ranked 1 in the region, the girls of galveston county are not doing to bad for themselves.  you go girls   ;D

Ten-fo and good luck to the Lady Gators

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476