Thanksgiving Hoopfest

D3zii

Just some notable scores/observations on the Texas teams

btw I get my rankings from Maxpreps

#1 Sierra Canyon (Cali) 73         

#5 Duncanville 80      F    (Duncanville also beat #11 Corona Centennial)

D.Kimball 59                               (Also lost to #6 N.Little Rock (Ark) 72-70 on last second FT's) 

#11 Corona Centennial 67    F       

#7 D.Richardson 61

Compass Prep 38 (AZ)

#5 Duncanville with Black back is definitely the top team in the state and in the conversation for the country. Him and Holland probably make up a lethal 1-2 punch, but don't be fooled Duncanville is DEEEEEEPPPPPPPP with D1 talent and potential 5 stars. To #1 Sierra Canyon defense they did have two key players out both 5 stars. But Duncanville is probably the bar in Texas

#7 Dallas Richardson will definitely have something to say about that though,  Wallace and Griffin definitely another Dynamic Duo.  They looked very good against the #1 basketball program in the nation (according to Maxpreps) team out of AZ Compass Prep who has alot of D-1 talent.  The game was never even close either, Griffin had 20 in the first half and Wallace cemented it with 18 in the 2nd half. Seems like Richardson and Duncanville are on a collision course

D.Kimball Really looked tough against stout competition. I know this will do nothing but make them better for a run late. IMO and I know 247 or Maxpreps has other thoughts but Aterio Morris was probably the best an most consistent player in the gym...That young man is a dog and has elite game. I was talking to a scout and they basically agreed. They said he's raw though and his jumper isnt as consistent as others but were he lacks he makes up in other areas with quickness and shifty movement, and is the best when going downhill.  Said if he can polish up a few things he can def become the #1 guard in the class.  They lost a close one to #6 N.Little rock and got beat pretty soundly by #11 C.Centennial. 

McKinney and John Paul (Plano) are two Dallas area teams that looked really good and should have a nice run this season in their respective classifications