So with Kountze' win over EC does this mean.....

If Hardin pulls one out against a banged up EC Bucs team, and Kountze beats Deweyville as expected, that East Chambers won't make the playoffs? I was looking at the district records and that's what I came up with. Hardin and Buna finish with 1 district loss, Kountze and EC with two each, with the Lions winning the tie-breaker head to head.

Is this the correct scenario???

If Hardin pulls one out against a banged up EC Bucs team, and Kountze beats Deweyville as expected, that East Chambers won't make the playoffs? I was looking at the district records and that's what I came up with. Hardin and Buna finish with 1 district loss, Kountze and EC with two each, with the Lions winning the tie-breaker head to head.

Is this the correct scenario???

YEP!!! you are very smart and correct!!! Look for ec to miss the post season and go 8-2 overall

Since we are what ifen.  If Warren upsets Buna and Hardin knocks off EC,  Hardin goes to #1 and EC is out. If EC loses, Buna loses and Kountze wins we have a 3way tie,  If EC wins and Hardin loses, would EC then be #1?  I'm so confused. What a difference a day makes!  It's going hard to be at three games next week.

Guest coachhooker

i think it is margin of victory.

it could be points it could be head to head it just depends on what the head coaches decided at their district meeting at the begining of the year

This scenario reminds me of my junior year (at HD) back when only 2 teams went to the playoffs. We played a terrible game against West Sabine early in district and lost 14-13. We rebounded at beat Hemphill, handing them their only district loss. It all came down to the last game of the season against East Chambers. We beat the Bucs, and we're district champs (tied with Hemphill, but head to head we won), we lose and we're out of the playoffs. We lost a heartbreaker to EC 36-35 at home!!! We win that game and we're district champs, but we lost and we didnt' make the playoffs at all. We beat Hemphill the district champs and we stayed home in November. This is a similar scenario as EC is in, with them beating Buna who would end up district champs, and yet they'd lose out on a playoff birth.

Talk about a hard one to swallow, we scored (actually I caught the TD) with about a minute remaining, and we went for the 2PT conversion to get the win. Our QB bobbled the handoff and fumbled, he recovered it and was stopped at the 1 foot line!!! We ended up losing two district games by 1 point in each of them. Sorry to bring up old stuff, but damn that sucked.......lol.

The actual truth is though... that if Kountze wins against Deweyville and Hardin loses to EC Kountze goes 7-3 on the season and beat the district champs but fell short of the play-offs! Talk about a heartbreak either way. BUT it is football and somebody has to win and lose. So Kountze just has to go out and play football and not worry about all that other stuff. The most important thing now is that Kountze beat Deweyville. I have faith in my Hardin boys though, they'll pull one out for us!

Pressure in on EC this week.  Like it was stated above....EC loses and they stay home with an 8-2 record.  I have to say EC's secondary better wake up and be ready to play against Hardin's passing attack.  This last week of district football is just plain EXCITING!!!  Hope TT is healthy, so there won't be any excuses about who wins and who loses.

Pressure in on EC this week.  Like it was stated above....EC loses and they stay home with an 8-2 record.  I have to say EC's secondary better wake up and be ready to play against Hardin's passing attack.  This last week of district football is just plain EXCITING!!!  Hope TT is healthy, so there won't be any excuses about who wins and who loses.

I agree    ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder