LC-M vs. Vidor Predictions?

We lost 5 running back to injuries against Central 2 weeks age and 2 to grades.  We also lost our Varsity Quarterback and our J.V. quarterback must play up.  Our other J.V. QB tore his acl several weeks ago.  We also lost several lineman to grades last Friday. 

WOW ,sorry to hear about all the injuries.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roman Franklin is injured?  What happened?

There were many injuries in the Ozen game.  Franklin went out on a late hit by the Ozen Defense.  He got hit on the left side below the pads.  Chase Ferguson (62) was also pulled out.  He was in visible pain.  He could barely walk.  Franklin did come back and punt.  i think they were just letting Tinert finish the game to get him some playing time as he seems to be the heir apparent for the QB 1 spot next year. 

Guest PIRATEFAITHFUL JR.

We lost 5 running back to injuries against Central 2 weeks age and 2 to grades.  We also lost our Varsity Quarterback and our J.V. quarterback must play up.  Our other J.V. QB tore his acl several weeks ago.  We also lost several lineman to grades last Friday. 

sounds like you lost alot to grades...ultimately if the kids WANTED to play they would have passed.

But that goes back to anohter post of mine..NO discipline!!

sad ,sad ,sad..

Sad that a 4a school dont have enough kids to turn out a team.even with the injuries there should be another kid in line ready to step up..where are the Freshmen?

I agree ALL VP his time has ran out!

sounds like you lost alot to grades...ultimately if the kids WANTED to play they would have passed.

But that goes back to anohter post of mine..NO discipline!!

sad ,sad ,sad..

Sad that a 4a school dont have enough kids to turn out a team.even with the injuries there should be another kid in line ready to step up..where are the Freshmen?

I agree ALL VP his time has ran out!

Ultimately grades are the responsibility of PARENTS!!!!  Hellloooooooooooo people.

I agree. Parents have got to know what their kids are doing and care about what they are doing.  If they need help, it's out there.  Too many kids are raising themselves. 

Unless you know a number that is out due to grades pirateunfaithful, don't make it sound like half the team is failing. You've already made the athlete department look bad with all of your negativity, now you are trying to make the academics look bad as well. I am starting to wonder where you think parenting stops and coaching should begin. "I" personally check periodically on my sons grades to assure that he is passing. If "I" see the grades slacking, then "I" make sure and discipline him. That sir is my job.

Guest PIRATEFAITHFUL JR.

Unless you know a number that is out due to grades pirateunfaithful, don't make it sound like half the team is failing. You've already made the athlete department look bad with all of your negativity, now you are trying to make the academics look bad as well. I am starting to wonder where you think parenting stops and coaching should begin. "I" personally check periodically on my sons grades to assure that he is passing. If "I" see the grades slacking, then "I" make sure and discipline him. That sir is my job.

go read russell ath.posts..he said they have lost several due to grades not me.

I don't agree with much that  is going on in the program right now but I do have too say it is NOT the responsibility of the coachs to maintain kids grades.  That only falls on the heads of the kids letting the team down and there parents that should be paying attention to what there kids are doing.  The school provides plenty of programs to help these kids.  All they have to do is get there.  The coaches need to focus on X's and O's.  But, if its the same kids are failing every grading period don't depend on them to be there, get the other kids that are there for you the playing time wasted on the ones that won't be there.  Come on Pirates take this last one. 

Pirates 21

Bears  10

pirate faithful  I must agree with some of your points.  I agree and I think Coach Mathews would too, that some changes need to be made.  But you are personally attacking the man.  If you are that unhappy with his program talk in person to school board members( although all the ones I have talked to are still happy with Him)or go and visit Mathews himself.  You have you right to your opinion and I respect that, but you are not helping anything by doing what you re doing. In fact you are probably hurting the players that you are trying to help.  My son plays and I know that Mathews sent all his players to study hall daily.  In fact in the 3 years my son has played for him, he has not lost 1 varsity players.  As a parent I know that it is my job to help my son maintain his academics and I do appreciate his help with that.  You need to know that your comments are hurting the players, they do talk about it in the locker room and it does upset them.  I am assuming that you are a parent, and from parent to parent, i am asking you to please stop what you are doing.  Coach Mathews, know that there are some of us that do appreciate you and still support you. 

LC-M AT VIDOR

THE ORANGE BOWL

The Orange Bowl will be the last time for the seniors at LC-M and Vidor to experience Friday Night Lights. Which group of seniors will win their last game in pads? Vidor has played the teams in district better than LC-M. Look for the Pirates to resurrect the Black Pearl and have their ship sailing at full mast under a strong wind, while the Bears go into hibernation without their "BOJO". Vidor's offense will return to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust glory days and slowly but surely move the ball up and down the field while the Pirates defense holds the Bears to a single touchdown.

TOUPS GRAPHICS' FEARLESS PREDICTION

VIDOR 28 LC-M 7

LC-M AT VIDOR

THE ORANGE BOWL

The Orange Bowl will be the last time for the seniors at LC-M and Vidor to experience Friday Night Lights. Which group of seniors will win their last game in pads? Vidor has played the teams in district better than LC-M. Look for the Pirates to resurrect the Black Pearl and have their ship sailing at full mast under a strong wind, while the Bears go into hibernation without their "BOJO". Vidor's offense will return to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust glory days and slowly but surely move the ball up and down the field while the Pirates defense holds the Bears to a single touchdown.

TOUPS GRAPHICS' FEARLESS PREDICTION

VIDOR 28 LC-M 7

There will be no JV game tonight between Vidor and LCM due in part to several Vidor JV players being moved up to Varsity to fill in for injured varsity players.  As such....

BOJO will be alive and well Friday night.  The Black Pearl goes to the bottom of the sea.

LCM76's FEARLESS PREDICTION:  LCM 28, VIDOR 14

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83