WB BRUINS VS channelview

Guest WeedBegone

Guest WeedBegone

Those were the days.  Remember when the Beaumont Bowl used to start off with that guy parachuting in the stadum from that plane.  Thoses games used to start at 1 on saturday.  Kids rolling down the hill.  Those were the days.

Yes I do.  I can still see coach Ray Albourn of LU looking from the end-zones at the packed house on his home field probably wondering--If I could just tap in on some of all this talent. ;D  Believe me--he was there.  Lots of eventual NFL players left DNA on that field.  Most of it was someone elses DNA  ;D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might be a good opportunity for Jeremy Cooper (#26) to get some much needed playing time......we could use another strong threat at RB!

look for #9 to get just as many or more touches than Cooper. If something was to happen to Michaels #9 would carry the majority of the RB load in the playoffs and still play some LB. He has more experience than Cooper. He is the #3 back on varsity. He's playing LB because it was a way for him to get on the field. You want to hear something else #4 would probably play more running back than Cooper in a playoff situation if they don't use #9 or if something happened to him.

Naah--he is welcome as he is.  Those are Beaumonts colors also.  I remember seeing several Central games throughout the years.  Lordy how I  miss Mcelroy when he was there.  Best running back I have seen.  I hated it when WB and Central played at the end of the season.  Two great teams getting so high for that big game and it almost looked like their first play-off games were a let down.  I thought it was a major scheduling error.  Man that week of hype was something I have never seen before.  Two teams ready to kill each other --then at the end--cousins congratulating each other, friends amoung enemies, church buddies, --a great community event.  Central was a 5A power house to reckon with.  Let the maroon and silver in--heck, we should buy his ticket.  He's one of us.  Come on in. 

you know, I thought I was the only one that felt that way. They should have played the Beaumont Bowl earlier in the season, and I think that hurt us in the playoffs. I have always wondered what might have happened if we had played those games in week 7 or 8 instead of week 10. The '92 and '91 football season WB was 10-0, both years and we lost in the first round. I wonder if we might have made some noise if those playoff games hadn't come right after the "high" of the BB. It's hard to get those kids mentally prepared for the playoffs. There should have been a week in between. I'll get off my soap box, now........ ;D

Guest WBFan09

WBbear you must have meant #6 Taylor Reed #9 would be Falgout...ive talked with Reeds mom and she would really want him to play RB and she says he would like that too..Reed is an amazing RB and could really make a big contribution to our offense if Michael gets knocked out for a few plays

WBbear you must have meant #6 Taylor Reed #9 would be Falgout...ive talked with Reeds mom and she would really want him to play RB and she says he would like that too..Reed is an amazing RB and could really make a big contribution to our offense if Michael gets knocked out for a few plays

thanks for the correction, yes I wanted to say #6

Guest WeedBegone

I hope cview beat y'all a--

Your opinion and feelings are respected and noted.  It would be foolish to believe that all locals would desire to support the WB program.  However, I still desire that Kelly is successful in its great season towards winning a state championship. Good Luck to your bulldogs and I regret the Brook has somehow brought a bad taste to you.  Perhaps it is that cv has something of importance to you.  But I also recollect that Central has been a disappointment to you also.  I will let BMTsoulja respond to that. 

Guest WeedBegone

Weed........noted-----yes........respected?-----not hardly

LOL--Stone--the poor fellow has been reading post for  11 months and has only 3 replies of which all tend to be downers  All were today.  Looks kinda like a hit and run offender.  Just trying to cut him some slack and learn him how to post something negative with a positive spin.  LOL

I still like Kelly  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83