Officiating Mechanics Question?

UKCats

Saw a game last week where there was a 3 man officiating crew and I had a question about the mechanics. One was on the visiting team sideline, one in the backfield, and one in the secondary. NO OFFICIAL on the home team sideline. Is this correct? cause it seems a little fishy to me.

At the junior high games, I have seen both ways being used...

Seems to me I would rather have one official in each backfield with one on a sideline, but I can see where having both sidelines covered with the other official in the offensive background be good also.

It is a bad situation, kind of like solo reffing a basketball game.

well it kind of made me wonder when the home team started running a sweep to the side without an official, even if it was the short side of the field. And there was also one point in the game when a player on the side line pushed the ball carrier back onto the field (I am assuming he was out of bounds) and no official was there to see if he was actually out of bounds!!!

i have saw more old and fat officals who cant move around wouldnt help if there were 8 of them

You have saw? Not an english major, I take. Our new mechanics is to have 1 in the offensive backfield (ref) and 1 on each sideline. That is a lot of running for us old and fat officials. All we can do is our best. Hopefully you're good on a shovel, sounds like you'll need to be.

You have saw? Not an english major, I take. Our new mechanics is to have 1 in the offensive backfield (ref) and 1 on each sideline. That is a lot of running for us old and fat officials. All we can do is our best. Hopefully you're good on a shovel, sounds like you'll need to be.

:o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami