scrimmages

Sat. was the first day for scrimmages.  Does anyone know who scrimmaged and any outcomes?  HJ scrimmaged Central.  They played it as a regulation game.  HJ 59-Central 50.    You could definetly tell it was the first scrimmage.  Both teams looked good in spots but it is EARLY!!

Guest bleed orange

Orangefield scrimmaged Livingston and Dayton but only freshman and sophomores went. They lost but it was good experience for the younger girls.

Guest Ricthepic

Saw Nederland, Kountze and HF. Nederland is much improved. Defensive pressure was there, running game was excellent. Kountze will be a monster in their district. Excellent guard play and a serious post threat. #24, great moves, great hands and feet. HF will be improved when they get all their players.

Guest bleed orange

Orangefield scrimmaged PNG and Buna today and looked solid. The girls were solid on defense like they always are. They also shot the ball well. We won both game's by a total of 92-4. We would sub in 5 girls at a time and it did not matter. 

I agree Bulldog10, that was a great scrimmage.  Jasper and Nederland have improved. I was impressed with Orangefield's scoring, that is a great showing, I think that 21-3a is going to be hot this year.  I'm from Jasper, but I love to give credit where credit is due.  Nederland I hope that your season is a great one!  you have a great young coach, and he is doing a great job!  I believe that Coach Baker will have his team focused this season. :D

Orangefield scrimmaged PNG and Buna today and looked solid. The girls were solid on defense like they always are. They also shot the ball well. We won both game's by a total of 92-4. We would sub in 5 girls at a time and it did not matter. 

Lord thats the second one of those type scores I've heard this week.Are these clubs really that BAD!!!Anyone gets beat 92-4 might as well start warming up pitchers cause there basketball season is history.

Both PN-G and Buna aren't very good, but they never quit and they played hard. That score of 92-4 is a combined scored between both games. Orangefield beat PN-G 53-4 and then beat Buna 39-0. Orangefield played well today...they are running a completely new system and still have a long way to go, but there was several positives to take out of the games today. We'll have our hands full though Tuesday in our first game against a very good and athletic Central team. Go Cats!!!

Guest bleed orange

Lord thats the second one of those type scores I've heard this week.Are these clubs really that BAD!!!Anyone gets beat 92-4 might as well start warming up pitchers cause there basketball season is history.

PNG has always been a volleyball and softball school. They started a little dribbler program about 5 years ago. It takes time to build a problem. They will get there someday. As for Buna, I really don't know what has happen to their girls basketball program. They used to be strong. There are going to be years when the talent level maybe down. That may be the case. I really don't know.

HJ scrimmaged Anahuac last Thursday.  They ran 2 20 minute running halves.......HJ 38-2   HJ 40-6.   Anahuac played hard also.......they just could not score or handle the pressure.  HJ's defense was very good.  They open with PNG tomorrow night.

Is that game at HJ or PNG?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed