Reservation Memories

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i heard it was gonna start as soon as the season was over, and playoffs began (since we would be playing away) this is gonna be a game for the books, any Indian fan should go to the NDNs website to see pictures

This will be a game for the books.

A very historic field and stadium will see it's last game.  So many memories.  The new and improved Reservation will be the premiere place to play next year.  Every kid in SE Texas who gets a chance to play in the new stadium next year will be a lucky individual.

I hope from Bulldog Stadium tonight as I am videoing a the Broncos, that I hear the echoes of Cherokee from the Reservation.

Did ya hear it? it was played over and over and over etc........ ;D ;D ;D

The only thing that could have made the 63 to 0 beating of the Bulldogs any better for me, would have been for the Bronco band to play Cherokee in the third quarter as all the Bulldog fans were leaving.

CONGRATS PNG ON WINNING THE LAST GAME AT THE RESERVATION!!!!

Can't wait to hear Cherokee next week, even though I just don't see the Indians beating my Broncos.

Lots of memories.....

Running around under the stands with my friends as a kid. Watching alot of good football games and some not so good games over the years. Several homecomings with a few different high school flames....walking out for the first time friday night under the lights. Watching Butch Troy on friday mornings just before lunch walk around underneath the stands looking for loose change for good luck. Hearing Cherokee echo through the night air from both the field and the stands. Seeing a couple of good Indian Spirits stick the spear in the ground during the marching I and dance around it. Seeing the BONZAI signs held up hi on every kickoff. This past few weeks seeing things again from the stands, much older, and seeing that some things never change at PN-G...traditions will go on....the Indianettes will do the same dance my sister did in 1985 when cherokee is played, The Indian Spirit does the same dance every Indian Spirit ive ever seen has done....the football team plays with just as much heart and determination as every other team thats put on the purple and stepped on the field....some with better talent than others but still proud to wear the purple. The ever watchful presence of GERONIMO standing at about the 50 yard line looking back at the crowd as we cheer on our team. The sound of Tip Durhams voice. The moment when you realize they are playing the long version of Cherokee and not the short version.

May the new stadium bring us many many more years of enjoying all of these things.....and many many more INDIAN victories.

Lots of memories.....

Running around under the stands with my friends as a kid. Watching alot of good football games and some not so good games over the years. Several homecomings with a few different high school flames....walking out for the first time friday night under the lights. Watching Butch Troy on friday mornings just before lunch walk around underneath the stands looking for loose change for good luck. Hearing Cherokee echo through the night air from both the field and the stands. Seeing a couple of good Indian Spirits stick the spear in the ground during the marching I and dance around it. Seeing the BONZAI signs held up hi on every kickoff. This past few weeks seeing things again from the stands, much older, and seeing that some things never change at PN-G...traditions will go on....the Indianettes will do the same dance my sister did in 1985 when cherokee is played, The Indian Spirit does the same dance every Indian Spirit ive ever seen has done....the football team plays with just as much heart and determination as every other team thats put on the purple and stepped on the field....some with better talent than others but still proud to wear the purple. The ever watchful presence of GERONIMO standing at about the 50 yard line looking back at the crowd as we cheer on our team. The sound of Tip Durhams voice. The moment when you realize they are playing the long version of Cherokee and not the short version.

May the new stadium bring us many many more years of enjoying all of these things.....and many many more INDIAN victories.

Excellent Post!!!! My son was Indian Spirit 04-05, my daughter, Indianette 07-09....the Pride, Honor, Tradition rolls on!  Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

Lots of memories.....

S U P E R post!!!  (you should post this also on the PNG message board.)

My best memory of the Rez is bringing all three of my young boys into the stadium. All three wearing purple PNG football uniforms even my 7 month old. The day of games on our way to the stadium, the boys are singing the school fight song.  I remember this year playing Lumberton and before the game, we were about to cross the road when Lumberton's buses come driving by and their band was yelling out of the window at us. My two young sons began shouting scalp'em indians while waving their arms in a tomahawk chop at the buses. My oldest boy that is 10 said to them, your not winning at our home, "This is the Reservation" and he had like this mad look on his face. There is so many more memories of the stadium, but my favorite is watching three young future Indians walk into the stadium and have the Honor, Pride, and Tradition deep in their hearts.  SCALP'EM INDIANS FOREVER

My best memories will include bringing my kids all dressed in purple to all the home games watching them run around on the field afterwards, myson wearing his jersey from the PNGYFL and watching the defense do its work and knowing he had to do the same the next morning,watching my daughter in her cheerleader outfit screaming "scalp em NDNS scalp em" louder than some of the fans close to us and singing the fight song, and my youngest son doing the tomahawk chop and asking me every 5 minutes what they are doing on the field and last but not least converting my wife slowly but surely into a Indian fan (she went to Broadus)bring my camera again for pictures at the old stadium before its history

As a 5 year old on friday nights dancing to cherokee in the stands, to now 20 years later sitting in the same seat watching the kids around me do the same.  Gives you chills sitting amongst thousands of yelling purple people watching the indians play on that field.  Watching the players play with the same pride, tradition, and honor as my grandfather watched years ago.  I am a 2001 grad and I make every game i can.  Something about PNG Football its addictive.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder