BC 12 BH 8 Final game 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They showed they can have a game where they can hit' date=' but they also gave up a dozen runs. Sorry, but that's not something that's going to turn a lot of heads...[/quote']

True they did give up alot. but, 6 of those runs were against BH's # 4 Pitcher. Still BC it the crap out of the ball and won! I'm not taking that away from BC. Most of these comments are directed to those who thought this seris would be over in 5 innings.

did BH throw their ace tonite?

Nope, They started the game with #4 (Husley) then went to #2 (Barrera) then finished off with (Glandt) #5. BH has their #1 (Hales) and #3 (Carmona) still available.

Guest etbu

I told you guys that Bh can hit the ball but how many runs did he give up? Did he pitch the whole game and how many runs were earned? Tomorrow night is is a new night Hill.

Guest Jody

OK, I watched the game tonight and I was expecting a much better BC team. As for the comparison to Huffman's pitchers, BC is not even close. If this was the BC Ace, then game two and three are going to be interesting for the hill. I had little hope for our young team of sophmores, but I now think they have a good chance to win the next two.

I don't understand the decision to start Hulsey when he has been hurt and has had bad outings the last two or three times. That is a 6 run mistake in my books, which also cost the game. Take away those 6 runs and the few errors, BH would have beating BC handily.

Now, if BC does win this series, you will have to do something about that catcher. I have never seen so many pass balls in all my life. I will say this, the designatd hitter for BC needs to get walked. That kid hits the ball hard and square.

Every Player is going to have a bad game every once in a while. I've seen their Catcher all year and he hasn't done that all year. Bh is good don't get me wrong. Angelle is a League above ALL 3A Pitchers in this region. Like i said everyone has a bad game here and there.

As for the comparison to Huffman's pitchers' date=' BC is not even close. [/quote']

that is the dumbest thing ive heard all night...hands down...I have no dog in the fight, but there is no way a 3a pitching staff in the state is much better than BCs...

but there you BC guys go bringing Huffman into it again.........

Angelle's less than stellar performance led to most of those past balls. This was not his best outing, and I'm not making excuses.

BH hit the ball well - and yes, against Angelle. BC made great adjustments at the plate against BH's 2nd and 3rd pitcher.

Dumb question (I follow softball, and forgot alot of baseball) - How many arms did BH burn tonight? Are any of those kids still alive for this series, or are they all done?

JODY - I looked high and low for you, but never saw you. I was expecting you and RBARKER to be there, but couldn't find you! Sorry I missed you!

nothing against bh but you did catch angelle on a bad night, he had good velocity and command of the curve but seemed to be missing spots. and if you think it was a bad night it was a worse one for the catcher. but he made up for it w/ a homerun. and lets not forget 18 ks! bh impressed me though w/ their ability to work the count and hit the ball solid, not just dinkers. bad call by the umpires did cost us 5 runs after a clear double play was ruled void. bc hit the ball extremely well. angelle showed he has what it takes to battle through adversity. Angelle will learn from this, and i still dont think bh will hit any of the #'s 2,3,4 pitchers we have waiting for them. 12-8 doesnt tell the story tonight, bc outplayed bh. dishon hit the farthest ball i've ever seen hit out of that field, tennis court shot. i'll take 18ks on a bad night any day.

Guest SWINGHARDINCASEYOUHITIT

Nice article on the game

http://www.orangeleader.com/sports/local_story_138234151.html?keyword=topstory

corrections on the pitching it was hulsey that started if off then carmona (not barrera) and glandt...which means bc still has to face bh's 2 most toughest pitchers n hales and barrera

That's who I thought was the 2nd pitcher, Carmona. BH does have No 1 and 2 left in Hales and Barrera left.

As mentioned earlier I felt BH would hit tonight and they showed it tonight.

Angelle wasn't crisp as usual, but BH had a lot to do with it. After jumping up 6-1, I felt BH brought in Carmona to get Angelle to 7 innings.

Big turning point was the double play that Haymond made that was called trap. Gutsy call by BH coach after that, as Angelle got behind count 3-0 and he gave Padgett the green light and he launched it for a 3 run homer. All this keeps Angelle off the mound for the rest of series.

How do you strike out 18 of the 21 outs and the outcome still in doubt ? Timely hitting by BH.

Dishon, Scales and Day had huge hits for BC. Look for a slugfest tomorrow.

dishon hit the farthest ball i've ever seen hit out of that field' date=' tennis court shot. [/quote']

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. That was one of the fartherest home runs I've seen in High School in a long time. I think it landed in Cow Bayou!!!!!

Sorry I missed the game but reports on Angelle was that he was around 86 (velocity down) and fast ball was flat tonight. This came from 1 of the MLB scouts there so I take is as fairly accurate. With that being said, you still have to give credit to BH for battling back and making a good game of this. That's playoff baseball at its best.

A game like this has several sub-plots. BH can be encouraged that they scored a bunch of runs against Angelle (off night or not). BC can be encouraged that Angelle had a bad night and they still won going away. You do have to give BC credit for this -- BH ties the score, has the momentum and BC responds by scoring 6 runs.

I look for tomorrow night's game to be intense. I also think it will be interesting how both BC and BH respond. I do remember that BH was dowon 1-0 against Silsbee and that worked out for them OK in the end. I can't wait to get home and wait that one.

Guest Jody

Angelle's less than stellar performance led to most of those past balls. This was not his best outing' date=' and I'm not making excuses.

BH hit the ball well - and yes, against Angelle. BC made great adjustments at the plate against BH's 2nd and 3rd pitcher.

Dumb question (I follow softball, and forgot alot of baseball) - How many arms did BH burn tonight? Are any of those kids still alive for this series, or are they all done?

JODY - I looked high and low for you, but never saw you. I was expecting you and RBARKER to be there, but couldn't find you! Sorry I missed you![/quote']

Sorry I missed you. I saw you in the stands, but it was way too crowded to try and make it your way. Good game.

Guest Orangeboy

Great game by both teams. If the Hill continues to hit the ball well, they have a great shot to take game two. The better hope that Hales can throw that curveball for strikes. Good luck to both teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami