Schools in the same district playing predistrict games vs one another? Smart?

Should teams in the same district play against one another in predistrict games?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should teams in the same district play against one another in predistrict games?

• YES
    • NO
    • Depends

If it's in a tournament, sometimes it can not be helped; you just have to play the games as they are scheduled...I think you would not intentionally schedule a district opponent for a Tuesday game, however, sometimes it's a question of having to play up (or down a classification) vs. giving your team a chance to get the competition that will get them ready for district..Personally, I like playing other teams from around the area in non-district and tournament games...

It's not the best idea in the world, but I guess a good coach could use it to his advantage. He would get some very important scouting during the game. And the more a good coach watches a team, the better he can pitch to them, align his defense, etc. But the same can be said for the other team if they have a good coach. I just think if I were a coach, I would try and avoid it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami