chester wins

To be fair.....I was there and fans from both sides were on the field trying to break the fight up that #81 for Colmesneil started. One parent (#81s dad) from Colmesneil grabbed #71 from Chester and hit him on the chin supposedly for something that happened on the field in the game. He also grabbed #7 for Chester by the facemask and threw him around like a rag doll. Therefore, he went to jail. Nobody from Chester went to jail. No adults from Chester crossed that line and assaulted a high school player or anyone else. There was heavy law enforcement presence and the situation was handled swiftly. I think the adult in this situation that went to jail owes a few people apologies. Chesters team, fans, parents, and also Colmesneils team, fans, parents.

To be fair.....I was there and fans from both sides were on the field trying to break the fight up that #81 for Colmesneil started. One parent (#81s dad) from Colmesneil grabbed #71 from Chester and hit him on the chin supposedly for something that happened on the field in the game. He also grabbed #7 for Chester by the facemask and threw him around like a rag doll. Therefore, he went to jail. Nobody from Chester went to jail. No adults from Chester crossed that line and assaulted a high school player or anyone else. There was heavy law enforcement presence and the situation was handled swiftly. I think the adult in this situation that went to jail owes a few people apologies. Chesters team, fans, parents, and also Colmesneils team, fans, parents.

:o Unbelievable

Guest TravelingBandsman

Chester's first District win. As strange as it sounds, this keeps Chester's playoff hopes alive. They are now 1-1 in District 23-1A. If they can win at least 2 more games, they could be in. I believe they have the ability to beat Burkeville, but their biggest challenges will be the games between Groveton and West Sabine. GO YELLOWJACKETS!!!!

That sums it up well.  That is a FAR cry from the originator of this thread saying that ALL of Colmesneil's parents and kids were involved. I agree completly with your final sentence. 

That's why parents should not be allowed on the field, period!!  If there is a problem and the parents are not on the field this can not happen. I'm sure the coaches can handle a "fight" (with pads on) on the field. I know as a parent that if another parent attacks my son he would have to deal with me. Same that this happend and I would bet that the parent that grabbed the kid would take it back, just a heat of the moment. Best of luck to both teams and keep them parents in the stands!!!(LOL)

I can't believe I just read this. I never thought I would see the day that 1. Chester has a chance to beat Burkeville or 2. Chester can make the playoffs. Burkeville must be really down. I knew it was bad there but they ALWAYS had a great football team. I think they went the entire decade of the 90's only losing 3 district games. I know for sure they went 5 years before they lost one. I am not surprised by this fight on the field. That's a rivalry that most people aren't aware of. Is Chester still playing on the sewage field ? I played my last high school football game on that field.

Chester's first District win. As strange as it sounds, this keeps Chester's playoff hopes alive. They are now 1-1 in District 23-1A. If they can win at least 2 more games, they could be in. I believe they have the ability to beat Burkeville, but their biggest challenges will be the games between Groveton and West Sabine. GO YELLOWJACKETS!!!!

West Sabine and Groveton are very tall order for Chester. Glad Chester got them a win though.

Guest TravelingBandsman

We should make a Chester Support Group, raises money for Chester's field maintenance and to support them in their season. Although no one would really ever put the time and effort into it, it's a good idea. I'd also want to raise money for them to get a music program and possibly pull in a marching band for the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami