*West Brook 47 Sterling 21 Final/Comments*

Guest WeedBegone

Turnovers--too many

Penalties--Too many

WB--had several long plays called back due to penalties.  Michaels had  a 77 yard run called back due to an insignificant hold away from the hole.  

QB--needs to tuck the ball when running downfield.  He threw quite well however.  Passes hit the spot and had a few long ones dropped.  Sterling came out going for the long plays and actually connected quite well in the first half.  WB turned the game around with a 20 second drive to tie the game at half.  This was a well executed drive that required good clock management.  Sterling gave  UP the momentum by kicking an onsides kick with 25 seconds left and could not hold them.

WB score was enhanced by a kick-off return coast to coast and an interception return.

NOW THATS HOW YOU RECAP A GAME FOR THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE THERE.   ;D

They will need to re-group on both sides of the ball to beat PATITANS TITANS.  He might just go ahead and invest in gas money to come watch them play.  I still believe it will be a close game.  

I did talk to the trainer and he said next week that several key injuries should be healed up and the Brook should be running at full capacity.  We did not suit up Powdrill, Williams, Malbrough, and a couple of others.

From the side-lines

WeedBegone.

Turnovers--too many

Penalties--Too many

WB--had several long plays called back due to penalties.  Michaels had  a 77 yard run called back due to an insignificant hold away from the hole.  

QB--needs to tuck the ball when running downfield.  He threw quite well however.  Passes hit the spot and had a few long ones dropped.  Sterling came out going for the long plays and actually connected quite well in the first half.  WB turned the game around with a 20 second drive to tie the game at half.  This was a well executed drive that required good clock management.  Sterling gave  UP the momentum by kicking an onsides kick with 25 seconds left and could not hold them.

WB score was enhanced by a kick-off return coast to coast and an interception return.

They will need to re-group on both sides of the ball to beat PATITANS TITANS.  He might just go ahead and invest in gas money to come watch them play.  I still believe it will be a close game.  

I did talk to the trainer and he said next week that several key injuries should be healed up and the Brook should be running at full capacity.  We did not suit up Powdrill, Williams, Malbrough, and a couple of others.

From the side-lines

WeedBegone.

good recap, Weed! I spoke to one of the teachers and she said we lost a couple to grades. Did anyone notice key people missing?

Team Stats

Baytown Sterling    Beaumont West Brook

Total yards                      312                        369

First downs                        14                          21

Rushes/Yds                      28/1                      34/181

Average rush                    0.04                        5.32

Comp/Atts                      17/28                      12/19

Pass yards                        311                        188

Comp pct                        60.71                      63.16

Punts                                6                              1

Punting Yards                  176                          35

Punting Average              29.33                        35

Fumbles/Lost                    2/1                          4/4

Penalties-yards              15-99                      10-85

Guest WBFan09

not many key players missing due to grades...WB will be ready next week and for all the rest of the games this year thanks to tonights game...the coaches will most likely act like we are in the playoffs from here on out and not let anything be ignored..i feel like this was a WB hiccup game and the bruins will bounce back from this too close win over Sterling

Guest Robert Plant

Turnovers--too many

Penalties--Too many

From the side-lines

WeedBegone.

We played half assed in the first half.  We have good athletes in the secondary, but the technique is horrible. 

WB had at least 5 turnovers.....they scored 14 points off of TO's. One fumble recovery was returned for a TD for them! WB's pass defense was a little weak due to a few injuries. Their 21 points were scored in the first half, 0 points in the second!

I'll quote coach Bill  " Good teams win when they play bad and bad teams lose when they play good "  Just wanted to help Weed with the recap!!!!

Guest WBFan09

I'll quote coach Bill  " Good teams win when they play bad and bad teams lose when they play good "  Just wanted to help Weed with the recap!!!!

good point that the team of Weed Plant made....yes we played bad but we got the W and in the end thats all that matters...for us at least...now the players are on another planet next week is not going to go over very well!!!!  :-\ sorry guys but yall played hard and thats all i will ask of you

Guest WeedBegone

I'll quote coach Bill  " Good teams win when they play bad and bad teams lose when they play good "  Just wanted to help Weed with the recap!!!!

WBFAN09 saId good point that the team of Weed Plant made....yes we played bad but we got the W and in the end thats all that matters...for us at least...now the players are on another planet next week is not going to go over very well!!!! 

NOW I WILL QUOTE CAPTAIN KIRK :  Scottie Beam this guy up  :D :D

I'll quote coach Bill  " Good teams win when they play bad and bad teams lose when they play good "  Just wanted to help Weed with the recap!!!!

WBFAN09 saId good point that the team of Weed Plant made....yes we played bad but we got the W and in the end thats all that matters...for us at least...now the players are on another planet next week is not going to go over very well!!!! 

NOW I WILL QUOTE CAPTAIN KIRK :  Scottie Beam this guy up  :D :D

I get it!!! Scottie Beam is like Jim Beam. Ya must've stayed up all night just thinking about the WB game :-\

not many key players missing due to grades...WB will be ready next week and for all the rest of the games this year thanks to tonights game...the coaches will most likely act like we are in the playoffs from here on out and not let anything be ignored..i feel like this was a WB hiccup game and the bruins will bounce back from this too close win over Sterling

hiccup....I hope so. The playoffs still aren't a lock, though. If you remember from last year, we got pretty beat up in the PAM game and lost to two teams that we should heve beat. I hope we get some of our key people back for next weeks game, but I also hope we dont lose them right back to injury. What's the status on Albert? I saw him on the sidelines last night and he was still limping pretty good. I was told that his mom might not let him return this year.

Just a sloppy game.  Is it just me or does it seem that we never try to change/disguise our pass defense?  We run a basic zone on every play, with maybe a blitz every now and then.  Any offensive coordinator can spot the seams.  And, how do they continually get behind us when we run a two-deep zone?  I can't figure out what is going on back there.

One last negative comment.  Will someone teach our QB how to tuck the ball properly?  This stuff is gonna cost us down the road. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
  • Topics